Intelsat MaxIQ Space STEM Scholarship 2024 for Young Africans. Apply below.
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
31st December 2023
What is the Award?
Intelsat, operator of the world’s largest integrated satellite and terrestrial networks and leading provider of inflight connectivity (IFC), is accepting applications to its Space STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) program from teenagers across the African continent.
Intelsat in partnership with MaxIQ Space is delivering their Space STEM programme to teenagers across the African continent.
Announced during World Space Week, this intensive programme is mission one of a three mission space programme that culminates in students designing, building and launching experiments into space!
This partnership with MaxIQ Space chooses high school students from across the continent to be involved in an intensive program where students design, build and, for certain missions, launch satellites into space. This unique opportunity is entirely virtual, with each student receiving a STEM kit and engaging in virtual workshops delivered by space education specialists. Each workshop comprises lessons, practical activities, assignments and experiments.
Which Countries are Eligible?
What Type of Award is This?
Who is Eligible?
- Are between the ages of 14 and 18
- Live on the African continent
- Demonstrate a passion for and knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)
- Have a clear interest in all things “Space”
- Have access to the internet through a smart device with browser capability
- Have browser skills
- Are proficient in English
What is the Benefit of Award?
Intelsat will sponsor 30 scholarships for the Space STEM program for candidates who successfully meet the following criteria above
MaxIQ Space selects thirty participants from the hundreds of applications received. These participants all receive an Intelsat MaxIQ kit at their home, and join live virtual workshops and Q&A sessions with subject matter experts. By learning, linking Space, STEM and Sustainability, the youngsters perform experiments and complete assignments, culminating in payload and satellite concept design.
How to Apply:
To apply, applicants must complete an online form and space-related quiz and submit a short explanation of why they should be selected for this unique program. The deadline to apply is December 31, 2023.
For those who are selected – Getting Started:
- MaxIQ Kit – Once you have received your kit, you’ll find all the information you need at this link.
- Canvas – You will receive an email invitation to Canvas, please create yourself an account and accept this course invitation. The whole program is delivered using Canvas, please make sure you have this ready for the first session.
- Zoom – All workshops are held using Zoom. Please make sure you have access to Zoom and a web connection so that you can participate.
Apply here and welcome on board!