Students who have an interest in investigation and reporting can major in the journalism and media field. Journalism entails the production and distribution of reports that bother on a wide range of areas. To be a successful journalist, you must have a nose for news. This implies that you should be able to identify and differentiate newsworthy stories from other ones. Additionally, everyone needs information. It is impossible for man to successfully thrive without any form of interaction and information and this is why journalism is very important. As a media enthusiast, we have compiled a list of scholarship opportunities that you can apply for to help with the cost of your education as you continue on this path. Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter for more updates on scholarship opportunities and other resources.
Table of Contents
Why choose Journalism and media?
- Improvement of your communication skills: You cannot be a communications specialist without a visible improvement in your communication skills. Majoring in the journalism and communications field will allow your writing skills, reading skills, and speaking skills to be improved greatly and this improvement will be evident.
- Access to multiple career options: Additionally, you will have access to work in a wide range of areas because the media and communications field is broad. Banks need communications specialists, and companies and establishments need public relations specialists. Majoring in the communications field allows you to explore different career opportunities.
- Excellent social life and robust network base: As a journalist, your line of work involves meeting many people and this allows you to make friends and increase your social network base.
- Access to information: Additionally, because your job majorly deals with information, you get to stay abreast of the happenings in your country. You stay up to date with the latest news and developments in all areas.
- Attractive Income: One of the major reasons people take on jobs is to be able to earn an income and meet their needs and exploring the journalism and communications field allows you the opportunity to earn an attractive income.
- Enhance your creativity: Also, to pursue a career in the journalism and media field successfully you need you embrace the power of storytelling. Doing this will help enhance your creativity and you can apply this skill in other areas of your life.
Scholarship opportunities in the journalism and media field
We have compiled a list of scholarships in the journalism and media field that you will find helpful. They can be seen below:
1. Aziz Foundation Scholarship, UK.
The Aziz Foundation scholarship is open to international students who want to pursue a career in the media and journalism field at the University of Greenwich, United Kingdom. It is targeted at empowering Muslim students who want to advance their careers and are passionate about making a positive impact in their society. The scholarship benefits cover the full postgraduate tuition fee. To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
2. Vogue Australia Scholarship
Also, the Vogue Australia Scholarship is open to students interested in journalism, Visual Communication, visual communication design, Marketing Communication, film production, Film, Film Studies, and other courses in the media field. Vogue Australia is a reputable fashion brand in Australia and the sole sponsor of the scholarship at the Billy Blue College of Design. The scholarship opportunity is partly funded and selected beneficiaries also have access to be mentored by top professionals working in Vogue Australia. To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
3. Hammarskjöld Fellowships For Developing Countries
Additionally, students interested in pursuing a journalism career in the United States can apply for the Hammarskjöld Fellowships For Developing Countries. International students from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean are eligible to apply for the scholarship. The beneficiaries will have the opportunity to gain insight into the deliberations of the UN bodies, attend conferences, and question U.N. officials and government leaders. To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
4. Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship
The Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship is open to students who want to pursue their master’s in Social Sciences, History, Journalism, and Socio-economics at endorsed Universities in Germany. The scholarship covers the following:
- Expenses for the master’s program at a public university in Germany
- Accommodation fees
- Basic living costs
- Travel expenses
- Health insurance
To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
5. Hungary Government (Stipendium Hungaricum) Scholarships
The Hungary Government (Stipendium Hungaricum) Scholarships are open for international students who want to pursue a master’s degree in any subject including journalism and other related courses in Hungary. It is funded by the government in Hungary and is one of the most prestigious scholarships in the European region. Some of the benefits that come with this scholarship include:
- Exemption from tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Living expenses
- Accommodation ex[enses
- Medical insurance and so on.
To learn more about the application and eligibility criteria click this link.
6. Cambridge PhD Scholarships And Awards
Additionally, The Cambridge Ph.D. Scholarships and awards are open to international students who want to bag their postdoctorate degree in journalism at Cambridge University. Applicants from countries apart from the United Kingdom and Ireland are eligible to apply. The school offers fully funded and partially funded opportunities. To learn more about the application process for the University of Lapland scholarship in Finland, click here.
7. University Of Kent Global Welcome Scholarship
Furthermore, the University of Kent Global Welcome Scholarship is open to international students who desire to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Journalism. Only students who meet the required eligibility criteria will be qualified for the scholarship. The value of the scholarship sums up to £2,500. To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
8. Orange Knowledge Programme Netherlands
International students interested in taking short courses or desiring to pursue their master’s degree in journalism should apply for the Orange Knowledge Programme in the Netherlands. The program aims to build young professionals in their mid-careers who are willing to develop their capacity and knowledge and can replicate it in their locality through problem-solving. The scholarship is fully funded and it helps with your tuition, cost of living, visa, and travel among other expenses. To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
9. Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Also, the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is open to international students who want to pursue a career in journalism or any other discipline in the United Kingdom. It is targeted at students from developing countries and open to students from Commonwealth countries. The scholarship opportunity is also fully funded. To learn more about the application process and the eligibility criteria, click this link.
10. The World Bank
The World Bank Offers scholarship opportunities to students who want to start a journalism career as part of its contribution to improving capacity development and knowledge sharing in the developing world. So far, the scholarship program has sponsored about 6,000 professionals and scholars. They offer different types of scholarship programs and some of them include:
To learn more about the eligibility and the application process, click here
Do you desire to start a career in STEM? The first thing is to pursue a degree in STEM. Wondering how to go about pursuing a postgraduate degree in STEM courses abroad? We can guide you through your journey and make your dreams come true. Reach out to us at EdXtra to access opportunities that will help you on your journey.
Enrolling in the top universities in the world can increase your chances with employers. Unfortunately, it can be quite expensive to study abroad due to the current economic crisis. But this shouldn’t limit you as there are other options you can explore to enhance your career.
MPower Finance and Prodigy Finance are some of the best student loan providers for international students. They also do not require any cosigner or collateral before application. At EdXtra Associates, we can help you with your loan application process. We also provide educational consultancy services for international students to help make your journey easier and faster. You can reach out to us, as we’d love to guide you through this journey.