IBRO Rising Stars Awards 2024 for Early-Career Neuroscientists. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline:
11th October 2023
Tell Me About Award:
The IBRO Rising Stars Awards aim to increase the successful transition and retention of diverse, early career neuroscientists into academic positions by providing funds to make a significant difference in their research endeavors.
The award supports the research needs of early career faculty from diverse and/or underrepresented backgrounds (racial/ethnic minorities, sexual orientiation, disability, etc) and early career faculty who do not have substantial start-up funds or grant support from other agencies.
Who can Apply for IBRO Rising Stars Awards?
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants should be within the first five years of their initial faculty appointment
- Proposal indicating how funds will be spent and their significance to the project(s). Funds cannot be used for travel or conference-related expenses
- A minimum of one letter of reference and a letter of support from the university or departmental chair
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously received, nor expect to receive, substantial support from other sources
- Applicants who can use IBRO funding to leverage matching funds from other sources will be viewed favourably
- The institution must agree that no indirect costs/overheads will be charged
- The required funding report should be submitted one year following receipt of the award
- Funds will transferred according to an 80:20 format, meaning 80% of the grant will be awarded in advance, and the remaining 20% upon completion and submission of the associated grant report
Regional Eligibility Requirements:
Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin-America
Preference will be given to applicants who have developed a successful career in a high/upper- middle income country and have taken up academic positions in their home country. The Rising Stars Awards replaces what was previously known as the Return Home Fellowships.
Applicants must currently hold academic positions within the US or Canada.
How Many Awards?
What is the Benefit of IBRO Rising Stars Awards?
- Asia Pacific and Africa: 15,000 EUR
- Latin America: 20,000 EUR
- US/Canada: 45,000 EUR
How to Apply: