IBRO Rising Stars Awards 2024 for Early-Career Neuroscientists

Spread the love

IBRO Rising Stars Awards 2024 for Early-Career Neuroscientists. Apply below.

When is Application Deadline:

11th October 2023

Tell Me About Award:

The IBRO Rising Stars Awards aim to increase the successful transition and retention of diverse, early career neuroscientists into academic positions by providing funds to make a significant difference in their research endeavors.

Get Up to $100,000 Student Loan for Your Master in US or Canada - See if you are eligible

Got Admission to Study in US or Canada? See if you are eligible for international student loan

The award supports the research needs of  early career faculty from diverse and/or underrepresented backgrounds (racial/ethnic minorities, sexual orientiation, disability, etc) and early career faculty who do not have substantial start-up funds or grant support from other agencies.



Who can Apply for IBRO Rising Stars Awards?

General Eligibility Requirements:

  • Applicants should be within the first five years of their initial faculty appointment
  • Proposal indicating how funds will be spent and their significance to the project(s). Funds cannot be used for travel or conference-related expenses
  • A minimum of one letter of reference and a letter of support from the university or departmental chair

Fellowship Specifications:

  • Preference will be given to those who have not previously received, nor expect to receive, substantial support from other sources
  • Applicants who can use IBRO funding to leverage matching funds from other sources will be viewed favourably
  • The institution must agree that no indirect costs/overheads will be charged
  • The required funding report should be submitted one year following receipt of the award
  •  Funds will transferred according to an 80:20 format, meaning 80% of the grant will be awarded in advance, and the remaining 20% upon completion and submission of the associated grant report

Regional Eligibility Requirements:

Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin-America

Preference will be given to applicants who have developed a successful career in a high/upper- middle income country and have taken up academic positions in their home country. The Rising Stars Awards replaces what was previously known as the Return Home Fellowships.


Applicants must currently hold academic positions within the US or Canada.

How Many Awards?

Not specified

What is the Benefit of IBRO Rising Stars Awards?

  • Asia Pacific and Africa: 15,000 EUR
  • Latin America: 20,000 EUR
  • US/Canada: 45,000 EUR

How to Apply:

Apply HERE

Visit Award Webpage for Details


  • Ifeoma Chuks is a naturally-skilled writer. She has written and contributed to more than 6000 articles all over the internet that have formed solid experiences for particularly aspiring, young people around the globe.

    Content Manager