Presidential Digitalent Programme 2024 applications are now open by ICT Authority on behalf of the Ministry of Information Communication Technology
Application Deadline: 3rd October 2023
About the Presidential Digitalent Programme:
Digitalent is a strategic intervention by ICT Authority on behalf of the Ministry of Information Communication Technology to develop and sustain high end ICT talent by bridging the gap between industry requirements and the capabilities of the local workforce. This is in line with the National ICT master plan which underscores the need to develop a critical mass of high-end ICT skills and to develop an ICT ready workforce to meet the needs of the industry. The programme has trained over 1200 ICT graduates. The 2023-24 call for applications targets Digitalent Cohort 8 recent ICT graduates.
Eligibility: The internship is offered to Kenyan youth who recently graduated with ICT, Engineering, Education (e-learning & content development), Medicine, Built Environment, Agriculture, Law and Communication (Graphic Design, Public Relations & Corporate Communication) who must have attained a first class or upper second class honours between January 2019 to the date of this advertisement and/or awaiting graduation.
- Applicants MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years (from January 2021).
- If waiting graduation (till December 2023), provide a recommendation/reference letter from the University stamped & signed by the University indicating First or Upper Second-Class Honors to be awarded.
- Recent graduates in BSc. ICT or Engineering (Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunication, Software, Security) – The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Networks & Digital Infrastructure, Software Development & IA, Information Security, Data Analytics and Multimedia (ICT Graphics) & Digital Marketing. The Applicant may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on their core of specialization prior to the interview.
- Should NOT have undertaken any other Internship program in the government and is Unemployed
- Applicants should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties on a full time basis from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Females, persons with disability and graduates from ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
Eligible Countries for the Presidential Digitalent Programme:
To be Taken at (Country):
Number of Awards:
Value of Presidential Digitalent Programme:
a) Networking with potential employers
c) Platform to develop and incubate Innovations
d) Platform to translate knowledge and skills acquired during university training into the industry job experience
e) Contribute to government efforts in service delivery to the citizens
Duration of Award:
How to Apply for the Presidential Digitalent Programme: Apply Now
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.