Applications are now open for AIMS Structured Master’s in Mathematical Sciences Scholarships 2024 for African Students
Application Deadline: 29th March 2024
About the AIMS Structured Master’s in Mathematical Sciences Scholarships: The AIMS Structured Master’s Program runs over three semesters. The requisite skills phase of the AIMS course builds a standard core set of problem-solving skills: estimation, computation, approximation, modelling, data analysis and statistics. The elective review phase allows students to apply these skills in some of the most exciting areas of science.
During the final phase of the AIMS course students do a research project and write a scientific report under the supervision of an expert researcher on a topic of their choice. Research initiated in these projects often develops into further postgraduate research work after AIMS.
Eligibility: The January intake of the AIMS Structured Master’s in Mathematical Sciences is open to students following the South African academic calendar (January to December). Preference will be given to South African nationals. Applicants should hold, or anticipate completing by the start date of the AIMS course, a 4-year university degree in mathematics, or any science or engineering subject with a significant mathematics component. An applicant’s record should demonstrate strong aptitude in mathematics. The course overview lists the courses which form part of this programme. More general information on the Structured Master’s programme can be found on the course page.
Selection Criteria: Each applicant’s dossier will be evaluated in the light of the prior educational opportunities available to her or him. Potential applicants must be able to demonstrate both a high degree of motivation, and the preparation and ability required to complete the course successfully.
Eligible Countries: African countries (Preference will be given to South African nationals)
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of AIMS Structured Master’s in Mathematical Sciences Scholarships: No registration fees are required for the candidates selected for the Master’s degree. Full scholarship covering tuition, accommodation, meals and travel expenses are also awarded to successful applicants.
- Classes are taught by renowned African and international teachers and supported by a team of resident tutors.
- Students and teachers cohabit in a permanent learning environment.
- A highly interactive teaching environment where students are encouraged to learn together through questions and discoveries.
- An emphasis on computing with 24-hour access to computer rooms and the internet.
- A Pan-African student body made up of at least 30% women.
- AIMS graduates embark on outstanding graduate programs and professional careers in Africa and around the world.
How to Apply for AIMS Structured Master’s in Mathematical Sciences Scholarships: Application Form
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.