UK Commonwealth Government Scholarship 2024/2025 for Ugandans. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline:
8th September, 2023.
Tell Me About Award:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandan scholars to compete for Commonwealth Scholarships to United Kingdom at both masters and PhD levels for 2024/2025 Academic Year.
Which Fields are Eligible?
1. Health Sciences -03
2. Education -03
3. Agricultural Sciences -03
4. Engineering Sciences -03
5. Law -03
1. Health Sciences – 06 (Oncology, Cardilology, Nephrology, Oncological Nursing, Cardiological Nursing and Physiotherapy)
3. Natural Sciences -03
4.Computer Sciences -03
5. Science Education – 02 -02
6. Sports Science
Who can Apply?
1. PhD applicants must have had an admission from a University in UK; and must have a Supervisor in the relevant field in at least one of the UK universities to which they are applying.
2.Applicants should hold a first degree of at least an Upper Second Class Honours in the relevant field.
3. Applicants with foreign qualifications MUST have their academic documents EQUATED by the National Council for Higher Education.
4. Applicants for Masters programmes must have at least two years work experience in the relevant field.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Awards?
What is the Benefit of Award?
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- Stipend (living allowance)
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- For PhD Scholars, fieldwork grant towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas
- For UK Commonwealth Scholarships PhD Scholars, paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed (or intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarship, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork)
- If you have children and are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance.
How to Apply:
Application letter with a recent passport photograph, indicating age, sex, programme of study, home district, telephone contact, email address, work experience, photocopies of academic documents, professional certificates including the biodata page of the Biometric Passport should be addressed to:
CENTRAL SCHOLARSHIPS COMMITTEE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SPORTS
And delivered to: The Department of Admissions, Scholarships and Student Affairs Legacy Towers, Kyadondo Road Plot 5, Kampala 2nd Floor, Wing B; or by email to:
To reach not later than Friday, 8th September, 2023.
The shortlist will be displayed on the Ministry of Education and Sports Website: www.education.go.ug and on Notice Boards at Embassy House and Legacy Towers on Friday, 22nd September 2023.