The Italian Ministry of Interior offers scholarships for the A.Y. 2023/2024 to refugee students or with international protection.
Application Deadline: 4th September 2023
To be taken at (country): Italy
Type: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
Eligibility: The scholarships are reserved to students having the status of refugees or subsidiary protection
belonging to the following categories:
- Students with international protection, beneficiaries of this scholarship for the first time between the A.Y. 2018/2019 and the A.Y. 2022/2023 who have not yet obtained the degree title for the first course of studies carried out at Italian universities, and are entitled to get the scholarship in A.Y. 2023/2024 if they obtain the minimum number of CFUs indicated in art.4.
This category does not include scholarship recipients who have completed the cycle of studies
for which they received the benefit, obtaining the qualification, and who have continued their
studies by enrolling in a new cycle of studies and who fall under letter c. of this Art.2;This category does not include scholarship recipients who have completed the cycle of studies for which they received the benefit, obtaining the qualification, and who have continued their studies by enrolling in a new cycle of studies and who fall under letter c. of this Art.2;
- Students with international protection by 26 August 2023 obtained in Italy, enrolled for the first time in the Italian University system, in a bachelor (corso di laurea triennale), master degree (corso di laurea magistrale o magistrale a ciclo unico), or a PhD program without scholarship (corso di dottorato senza borsa) – A.Y. 2023/24, or who have obtained for the first time in the A.Y. 2022/23 registration with reserve from an Italian university.
- After the above categories and if resources are still available, may be evaluated students with international protection, beneficiaries of this scholarship for the first time between the A.Y. 2016/17 onwards who have completed the course of studies for which they received the scholarship and are enrolled in the A.Y. 2023/24 or have enrolled in the previous A.Y. to a course of studies at a higher level, where the requisites referred to in the following Art. 4 are met. Only students who have obtained a three-year degree and continue towards a master’s degree or have obtained a master’s degree and continue towards a PhD course will be considered. Other cases such as transfers between degree courses cannot be evaluated.
Number of Awards: 100
Value of Program: The scholarships are awarded by the University, possibly in cooperation with the Regional Authorities for the Right to Study, and entitle students to exemption from taxes and university contributions, accommodation services (house and meal), access to university facilities (centers, libraries). Any additional services may be offered by third parties.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of Program
How to Apply: Both categories of candidates must apply from the web site http://borsespi.laziodisco.it, by Sept 4, 2023, midnight, Rome local time
Applicants are also required to attach the following documents:
1. Copy of an Italian identity document (ID);
2. Copy of the document certifying the international protection;
3. – Students referred to in art. 2, lett. a: list of exams taken;
– Students referred to in art. 2, lett. b: short CV (in Italian or English).
* Candidates are kindly requested to contact the University they wish to enroll BEFORE submitting their application, in order to verify the feasibility of enrollment. For information on University contact details, please write to [email protected]