The Graduate School of Economics and Management Sciences (GEM) of the Stellenbosch University has opened applications for 2024.
Application Deadline: 15th August 2023.
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa
About the Award:
The Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences (GEM) is currently accepting applications for its full-time, funded doctoral programme. Applications will be considered for the following two scholarship opportunities:
- GEM Elite Doctoral Scholarships: Full-time doctoral scholarships, valued at R200 000 per year for three years.
- GEM Doctoral Scholarships: Full-time doctoral scholarships valued at R150 000 per year for three years.
The application deadline is the 15th of August 2023 and the new intake of full-time PhDs will commence their studies in Stellenbosch on the 15th of January 2024.
Candidates must meet the minimum criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- A candidate has to meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD at Stellenbosch University. This requires a master’s degree in the relevant discipline or, in exceptional circumstances, an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must have achieved a grade of 65% in their master’s programmes.
- Candidates must be under forty years of age when the programme commences in January.
- Only applications in one of the Faculty’s Research Themes will be considered.
- All students who meet the below criteria will be considered.
Selection Criteria: The Graduate School allocates these scholarships by considering each application on its own merit.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value and Duration of Award:
Prospective students may apply for full scholarships, which amounts to at least R138 000 per year for three years.
How to Apply: Follow the steps to apply for the 2024 cohort of the Graduate School below.