AAHPM Scholarships for Doctors and Palliative Care Physicians from Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Florida, USA) 2018
The American Academy Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine (AAHPM) is offering the International Physician Scholarship Fund established to provide access to quality education for physicians who reside in developing countries to attend The Annual Assembly in Orlando, FL, USA.
Application Deadline: 6th August, 2018 11:59am CST (US Central Standard Time).
Notification of awards: October 2018
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Low and middle income countries (as defined by World Bank)
To be Taken At (Country): Orlando, FL, USA.
About the Award: This scholarship program provides financial support (up to $5,000) to physicians to help them access the latest clinical information and research updates in hospice and palliative care from leading experts in the field. This scholarship program is intended to facilitate Annual Assembly participation and cover ordinary costs associated with meeting registration, travel-related expenses (airfare, cab fare, meals), and lodging.
Type: Short Courses/Training, Conference
Eligibility: Scholarships are available to physicians who work in hospice and palliative medicine and who care for seriously ill patients. Eligible physicians must permanently reside in low and middle income countries as defined by World Bank. It is our hope that the scholarship recipients will share the knowledge attained from the Annual Assembly to improve the palliative care offerings in their home country. Preference will be given to applicants who are
- members of the AAHPM – physicians who reside in a low or middle income country as defined by the World Bank & the HINARI list of eligible countries are eligible for a complimentary international membership.
- have not previously attended the Annual Assembly
- are junior in their career with 2-10 years of experience primarily in palliative care, including a resident or fellow, focused on studying palliative care, and
- whose organizations are considered least able to afford this opportunity.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: This scholarship program will provide financial support (up to $5,000) to physicians to cover ordinary costs associated with meeting registration, travel-related expenses (air fare, cab fare, meals), and lodging.
Duration of Programme: March 13-16, 2019
How to Apply: View the application requirements and consider applying.
- Prepare your Cirriculum Vitae (CV) – 2 page limit
- Prepare a one-page letter of recommendation and support from your supervisor or person of authority in your organization on your organization’s letterhead
- Complete the application in one of two ways:
All documents for 2018 are to be received by August 6 at 11:59am CST (US Central Standard Time).
Important Note: Scholarship recipients will be asked to participate in a presentation during the Annual Assembly to share the practice of hospice and palliative medicine in their country. In addition, recipients will also be required to submit a written report describing how their attendance at the Annual Assembly benefited their organization.
In addition, scholarship recipients will be required to secure their own US visa.