Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Republic of South Africa ? Apply below
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
25th April 2023 at 18:00 hours (South Africa Time
About the Award:
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to the Republic of South Africa, starting in June 2023.
The traineeship will be based in the Political, Press and Information Section. It will contribute to the Delegation’s work on EU – South Africa relations in the respective thematic field. The trainee will also work together with colleagues in the other Sections of the EU Delegation, as relevant and appropriate.
- Analyse the current and foreseen dynamics of EU/South Africa partnership.
- Monitor political developments in SA and SA foreign affairs, and contribute to drafting political reports under the guidance of the staff of the section.
- Conduct short-term and longer-term research on specific issues of interest in the fields of foreign affairs, domestic political affairs, human rights.
- Collate information on EU legislation and politics of relevance to SA for dissemination to the wider public.
- Attend and report on public events, seminars and conferences.
- Administrative support to public diplomacy events, visits organized by the Delegation, and visits from Headquarters.
- Support social media efforts of the delegation and section by proposing and drafting social media posts.
- Support the section in coordination with EU Member States, including by preparing and reporting on meetings held with EU counsellors.
- Support the EU Delegations alumni efforts by following up on the EU Alumni strategy and making recommendations, and management of alumni platform (updating content etc.) and database.
Who can Apply?
Qualifications or special requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Law, Social Studies, Politics, Economics or similar subject.
- Excellent English, written and spoken.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Commitment and ability to complete tasks within set deadlines.
- Motivation to learn and contribute to the activities of the EU Delegation.
Additional qualifications that would be an asset:
- Additional degree in another field
- Ability to communicate efficiently in multiple languages (South Africa official languages, EU official languages).
How are Applicants Selected?
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Which countries can apply?
How Many Awards?
What is the Value of Award?
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
How to Apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address [email protected] and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Name/P&I Section – EU Delegation to South Africa
Important information to read before applying