NRF SAASTA Science Journalism Internship 2023 for Unemployed South African Graduates
NRF SAASTA Science Journalism Internship 2023 for Unemployed South African Graduates. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline?
30th December 2022
Tell Me About Award:
South African unemployed graduates in Journalism and Media Studies, Science or Technology or relevant equivalent, between the ages of 18 to 35-years-old, are invited to apply for a two-year Science Journalism Internship opportunity.
The South African Agency for Science and Technology Advancement, a business unit of the National Research Foundation, in collaboration with the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), South African National Editor’s Forum (SANEF) and the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) are launching this great initiative in 2022. The SABC will select and place successful applicants at SABC newsroom across the country, to produce science, technology and innovation stories for broadcasts and online media.
What Countries are Eligible?
Who is Eligible?
• Minimum requirement National Diploma (NQF 6 / NQF 7 / NQF 8) in Journalism and Media Studies, Science or Technology or relevant equivalent qualifications.
• Ability to write, read and translate into one or more indigenous languages.
• Ability to cover news in multiple format.
• Full Computer literacy, Zoom, Teams etc.
• Good photographic sense and a sharp eye for detail.
• Physical fitness to carry equipment and manage it.
• Self-motivation and ability to work underpressure.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Writing / radio and television skills.
How many Awards?
Fifteen (15) positions are available in all provinces – Specify your preferred province – Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Eastern Cape, Western Cape, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North West, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal.
What is Value of Award?
A stipend will be paid to interns per month as follows: National Diploma NQF Level 6 (R 5 740), Bachelor’s Degree / B.Tech NQF Level 7 (R 6,375), Honours NQF Level 8 (R 7,055), Master’s NQF Level 9 (R 8,375).
How to Apply?
Interested youth, who meet the minimum requirements, are invited to submit a certified copy of their qualification, a motivational letter and a detailed CV to the following email address: [email protected] by no later than 30 December 2022.