Sweden: University of Skövde Masters Scholarships 2019/2020 for International Students
The University of Skovde Sweden is offering Masters Scholarships for international students 2019
Application Deadline: 1st February, 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): University of Skovde, Sweden
About Scholarship: The University of Skövde administrates some scholarships funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) to students liable to pay tuition fees attending a Master’s programme at our University. The scholarships are partial tuition fee waivers (50% of the tuition fee). The amount will be automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice. The scholarships are granted for one academic semester. The scholarship can only be awarded to tuition paying students.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
By what Criteria is Selection Made? The scholarship granting criterion is academic merits.
- Citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- Generally students can only be awarded a UHR scholarship if a master’s programme at the University of Skövde is chosen as first priority.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the programme you applied to and application fee and supporting documents must have been received before deadline to University Admissions.
- You should fill out a motivation letter when submitting the UHR scholarship online application. Scholarship applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.
- The master’s programme must be delivered on campus.
- The criteria for awarding a UHR scholarship are good academic merits and the motivation letter. Criteria can also be other qualifications that are judged to be in line with educational or research areas as well as geographic location which the University of Skövde gives priority to in accordance with its internationalization strategy.
- Attention: If you are already admitted or enrolled as a master’s student at the University of Skövde, you are not currently eligible to apply for UHR Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a master’s programme.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
What are the benefits? The scholarships are tuition fee waivers of SEK 60 000 / year (50% of the tuition fee), and the amount will be deducted from the tuition fee when you receive the invoice.
Please note that you have to be able to finance the rest of the tuition fee yourself and to cover all the living expenses during your stay in Sweden.
How long will sponsorship last? For the duration of the Masters program
How to Apply
- First apply for one of studies at the University via University Admissions. You must apply for one of our Master’s programmes at the Swedish official online application service University Admissions.
- Then apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde by filling in the online scholarship application form available on this webpage. Please note that you will need to provide us with the application number you received from the University Admissions website.
Sponsors: University of Skövde, Sweden