LEADership in research programme (LEAD) in life sciences PostDoc Fellowship 2022
Denmark: 12 Postdoc positions at LEADership in research programme (LEAD) in life sciences
When is Application Deadline?
1st October 2022
Tell Me About Award:
The Postdoc to LEADership in research programme (LEAD) has 12 postdoc positions open at the Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC), University of Copenhagen
What Type of Award is this?
Who can apply?
- Eager to pursue groundbreaking biomedical research?
- Scientifically curious and driven to pursue a career in research in or beyond academia?
- Interested in specialized training and an extensive career development programme?
The programme is open for motivated young researchers, who want to pursue transformative biomedical research and are dedicated to advance their scientific career. You are scientifically curious, have a strong ability to reflect and form scientific ideas, and have a collaborative and interdisciplinary mindset. Applicants must hold a PhD degree and a maximum of 8 years of experience after issuing of the degree at the time of application. Prolonged career breaks are taken into account upon documentation. Mobility is required and applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work etc.) for more than 12 months in Denmark in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. Also, applicants may not have been employed at UCPH more than three months prior to the application deadline.
Key selection criteria
The selection process includes eligibility screening, evaluation of application material by external scientific experts, personal interviews with a selection committee and a site visit to BRIC for shortlisted candidates including matchmaking with potential host groups. Transfer of knowledge and inclusion of expertise from both the fellow and host group in the selected projects is a requirement and applicants are urged to explore the opportunities with potential host group leaders before applying. The selection will be merit-based, using weighed criteria in three defined areas:
- Education and scientific track record
- Research leadership potential
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Positions will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Award?
12 fully paid postdoc positions are open at BRIC, University of Copenhagen (UCPH) for talented young researchers who want to pursue a research leadership career in life sciences. You will be part of an excellent research centre at one of the top European universities, with a vibrant extended biomedical research environment in the ‘Medicon Valley’. Selected candidates will join one of BRIC’s research groups, to work with an original project addressing ambitious research questions in biomedicine.
LEAD will offer you an outstanding framework to conduct top interdisciplinary biomedical research, that can advance your field of interest. Also, LEAD offers a personalized training programme that will support, nurture and challenge you to develop excellent research leadership competences and transferable skills, and support your strategic career development in or beyond academia. You will become part of the prestigous Marie S. Curie alumni network, as the scheme is co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement no. 945322.
What we offer
- 36-months fully paid fellowship with a competitive postdoc salary and full social benefits
- An international work environment with focus on collaboration and creative research approaches
- Modern research facilities and infrastructure
- Interdisciplinary project opportunities and close interactions with physicians at BRIC and the neighboring University Hospital
- Opportunities to collaborate with industry and to get involved in exploitation of research results
- Training program in research governance, project and time management, creativity, supervision, entrepreneurship etc.
- Specialized peer and career mentoring programme
- Extended network in the EU-LIFE alliance of 15 top European life science research centers
- Being part of a thriving life science environment in the medicon valley with a high number of universities, university hospitals, biotech and pharma industry (https://mva.org)
- A postdoc and student association offers network and social activities.
- Help from BRIC and UCPH with visa applications, onboarding, family support, spouse programmes etc.
- Location in Copenhagen, being rated as a city with high quality-of-life
How Long is the Program?
How to Apply for Program?
Deadline for application is October 1st, 2022. The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below. The application must include the following:
- Motivation letter (Cover Letter)
- CV and full list of publications
- Diploma (MSc/MD and PhD)
- List of 2-3 referees
- Eligibility declaration (mobility and years of experience since PhD)
- Documentation for career breaks (if any)
- Other relevant information for consideration
Please carefully read the detailed description of eligibility criteria and requirements for the application in the Applicant’s Guide found on www.lead.ku.dk. Mandatory templates must be used for the application (CV and list of publications, list of referees and eligibility declaration) and can be downloaded on the LEAD webpage. Receipts of application will be acknowledged, and the applicant will be kept continuously informed of the progress of the application. All applications must be received by the application deadline. Late or incomplete application will not be evaluated.