United Nations University (UNU) Global Fellowship in Migration & Inequality 2022 – Call for Applications
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
31st August 2022
Tell Me About Award:
United Nations University Centre for Policy Research (UNU-CPR) in New York is one of 13 research and training Institutes that comprise the think tanks in the UNU system. UNU-CPR combines research excellence with deep knowledge of the multilateral system to generate innovative solutions to current and future global public policy challenges.
The UNU-CPR Global Fellows will work to integrate researchers from underrepresented backgrounds in new and ongoing research projects that shape multilateral policymaking processes. Candidates who are focused on Migration and Inequality are invited to apply for one 6-month Fellowship, which may be remote. The Fellow will help support ongoing research projects at UNU-CPR, working closely with an appointed senior researcher within the Centre. The Fellow will also have the opportunity to develop and test their own research proposals with potential donors.
Candidates from underrepresented groups – including those who are the first in their family to attend higher education, underserved communities, or those from conflict-affected areas – are particularly encouraged to apply.
What Type of Award is this?
Who can apply?
- Degree or postgraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: geography, development studies, law, economics, politics or other relevant subject is required
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required
- Knowledge of migration or inequality issues is required
- Experience with conducting background research and literature reviews
- Experience with events organisation is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Positions will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Award?
The successful candidate will be retained under a Consultant Contract (CTC) as a Global Fellow – Migration and Inequality for six months. Consultants engaged by UNU may not provide services for more than twenty-four (24) months in a thirty-six (36) month period.
Proposed payment schedule
Lump sum payment of USD1,000 will be made on a monthly basis, inclusive of all fees.
Should “mission travel” be required, UNU will pay for travel. However, this will be subject to the following prerequisites: Medical Clearance, Security Clearance through the Travel Request Information Process (TRIP) system, completion of the BSAFE online course, travel Visa, and liability waiver. Trip prerequisites will be met at the expense of the consultant.
Travel cost will be calculated based on economy class travel, regardless of the length of travel. Costs for accommodation, meals and incidentals must not exceed applicable daily subsistence allowance (DSA) rates, as promulgated by the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC at http://icsc.un.org).
How to Apply for Program?
To apply to UNU, you will not need an account. Instead, we ask that you:
- Apply via the apply link;
- fill out the UNU P11 form (please avoid using similar forms provided by other United Nations organisations);
- provide a motivation statement (in the P11 form); and
- answer a few questions that are tailored to the position.
You may wish to refer to the UN Values and Behaviours Framework for more information.