Australia: Africa Excellence Scholarship at University of Newcastle 2023/2024. Apply below
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
Tell Me About Award:
Africa Excellence Scholarship has been established to attract high-performing international students to the University of Newcastle for study in 2022 and beyond. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognises applicants with a strong academic background and incentivises them to continue striving to be the best that they can be.
Which Fields are Eligible?
- College of Engineering Science and Environment
- College of Health Medicine and Wellbeing
- College of Human and Social Futures
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Undergraduate, Master (coursework)
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a passport from one of the 54 countries of Africa.
- Be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
How are Applicants Selected?
Scholarships will automatically be awarded to students who have received an offer to study in an eligible, non-quota program and who will commence studying with the University of Newcastle.
Which Countries are Eligible?
All 54 African countries
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Scholarship?
- The scholarship is valued at AU$10,000 for each year of study under full-time study load apportioned over each course taken, equating to a value of $1250 per course.
- This will be administered for each term of study in your eligible program(s) as a tuition fee reduction against the amount of credits initially issued in your letter of offer, applied directly to your student account.
- Please review the full terms and conditions for more detail.
How to Apply for Scholarship?
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.