LSHTM MSc Sexual & Reproductive Health Policy and Programming Scholarships 2023. Apply below
When is the Application Deadline:
16th March 2023.
Tell Me About LSHTM MSc Sexual & Reproductive Health Policy and Programming Scholarships:
This intensive online programme is developed and delivered with the University of Ghana School of Public Health (UGSPH). It is primarily targeted at those interested in acquiring the knowledge and skills required to design, implement and evaluate evidence-based sexual and reproductive health programmes and policies in sub-Saharan Africa and other low- and middle-income settings.
This programme is primarily targeted at those interested in acquiring the knowledge and skills required to design, implement and evaluate evidence-based sexual and reproductive health programmes and policies in sub-Saharan Africa and other low- and middle-income settings.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for LSHTM MSc Sexual & Reproductive Health Policy and Programming Scholarships?
To be eligible for these competitive scholarships, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, a sub-Saharan African country, as defined by the World Bank.
- Have submitted an application for the online MSc Sexual and Reproductive Health Policy and Programming programme, with all required supplementary documents.
- Have worked either in sexual and reproductive health field or other health-related field(s) in any sub-Saharan Africa country for a minimum of two years.
Which Countries are Eligible?
For some of the scholarships, preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Guinea-Bissau, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania.
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
There are 45 scholarship awards available for 2023-24 – these are tenable at LSHTM.
What is the Benefit of LSHTM MSc Sexual & Reproductive Health Policy and Programming Scholarships?
The MSc SRHP&P Scholarship fund aims to contribute to strengthening sexual and reproductive health in sub-Saharan Africa.
Each scholarship will cover:
- Full tuition fees at the LSHTM low- and middle-income country fee rate (GBP 17,000.00), and
- A one-time allowance of GBP 1,000.00 for IT equipment and/or internet costs and/or other learning costs. The allowance is primarily intended to be a contribution to IT costs so that students have regular access to a computer and a reliable internet service to ensure effective online learning. Applicants are expected to check that they can meet the IT requirements and information for this programme of study before submitting an application. Where no IT costs or support are required a student may use this allowance for other learning costs.
Please note that this scholarship does not provide a living allowance or stipend.
How Long will the Program Last?
The programme is 12 months full-time or 24-36 months part-time.
Full-time (12 months)
Full-time students are expected to study approximately 40 hours per week including about 6-12 hours of synchronous learning per week during the teaching term. Live synchronous lectures and classes sessions usually take place Monday-Friday between 9.30am and 5pm in UK time. Students are also required to attend all live sessions, group work and undertake self-led study each week.
Part-time (24 or 36 months)
Students can study part-time by studying for two or three days per week during the teaching term, and spreading all the modules required to complete a master’s programme over two to three years. There are no evening or weekend classes. Depending on module selection, students may be required to attend for different days in each term.
How to Apply for LSHTM MSc Sexual & Reproductive Health Policy and Programming Scholarships:
To apply for this funding, prospective applicants should:
- Submit an application for study for the MSc Sexual and Reproductive Health Policy and Programming via the LSHTM admissions portal
- Ensure that all supporting documents, including the Supplementary Questions form are submitted before the deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Thursday 16 March 2023.
A full list of required application documents and information can be found on the LSHTM Before you apply (MSc) page.
In the admissions portal, please select ‘MSc SRHP&P Scholarship’ from the drop-down menu in the Scholarship & Funding section.
- Applicants are advised to complete Step 1 early to allow time for their GBP 50.00 LSHTM admissions application fee payment to be processed. Until the payment is processed applicants will be unable to submit an application.
- It is not possible to waive the application fee for scholarship applicants.
- Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references and transcripts) are submitted via LSHTM’s Admissions Portal by the deadline as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- By applying for this funding applicants agree to its terms and conditions.
Funding selection process and timeline
The application deadline is 23:59 (GMT) on Thursday 16 March 2023.
Applicants will be notified of the final outcome of their application during the week beginning 29 May 2023.
Please note that if you are unsuccessful in your scholarship application, you will have the opportunity to apply for a self-funded place on this programme, subject to acceptance and availability.
It is important to go through all application requirements before applying.
Visit Award Webpage for Details