AgriTour Limpopo Regional Innovation Programme 2022 for South Africans
South Africa (SA) Youth vacancies 2022 – AgriTour Limpopo Regional Innovation Programme is calling innovators and entrepreneurs to submit proposals to help revolutionise Limpopo’s agriculture and tourism sector.
When is the Application Deadline:
31st January 2022
About AgriTour Limpopo Regional Innovation Programme:
The Mobile Applications Laboratory NPC (mLab) was successfully awarded a Regional Innovation Support Programme (RISP) grant by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research’s (CSIR) Technology Localisation Implementation Unit to establish an AgriTech and TravelTech regional innovation network in the Limpopo Province.
The project aims to build a network of researchers, designers, innovators and entrepreneurs to establish a vibrant agriculture and tourism technology ecosystem in Limpopo. Polokwane is the ideal city from which to start building the network and will serve as the hub from which to expand the network to more remote parts of the Limpopo Province.
The agriculture and tourism sectors boast strong potential for unlocking innovation opportunities that will help build a thriving economy in the Limpopo Province. The aim of the mLab RISP Project is to fuel collaboration amongst stakeholders, and the growth of AgriTech and TravelTech ecosystems in the Limpopo Province by capitalizing on the region’s entrepreneurial successes, existing networks, and public-private partnerships.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for AgriTour Limpopo Regional Innovation Programme?
- Entrants must be based in Limpopo and in possession of a SA ID.
- Start-up representatives must be aged 18-35.
- A minimum of two (2) members per start-up. We encourage individual entries, provided the applicant is open to adding a relevant skill to compliment their team.
- Start-up must be a registered business in Limpopo, South Africa.
- Start-ups must have a scalable business model.
- Entrants must exhibit growth potential and commercial viability.
- Teams must show commitment
Which Countries are Eligible?
Limpopo in South Africa
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of AgriTour Limpopo Regional Innovation Programme?
- Successful participants will receive mentorship, technical assistance and will be trained on commercialisation and design thinking investor pitching skills, technology transfer, lean methodology to innovation and business model canvas workshops.
- To make it into the next round, the startups will compete during a demo day competition where a panel of esteemed judges will select the top 4 finalists who will each win business and technology support to the value R100 000.00.
- The prize includes bespoke mentoring, digital and innovation support, networking opportunities and market access from the specialists at mLab and its network of partners and collaborators.
- They will also attend the SA Innovation Summit in Cape Town in September 2022.