Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Fellowships & Grants 2022 for Early-career Researchers in South America, Asia & Africa
Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Fellowships & Grants for Early-career Researchers in South America, Asia & Africa. Apply below!
When is the Application Deadline:
31st January 2022.
Tell Me About Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Fellowships & Grants:
The goal of Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) fellowships and grants is to increase the engagement of early career researchers (ECR) in CliC activities and to promote the participation of scientists from regions currently underrepresented in CliC, i.e., South America, Asia and Africa.
Which Fields are Eligible?
Applications for CliC fellowships and grants should address CliC´s new vision and objectives as described in the CliC Strategic Plan 2022-2031.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Fellowships & Grants?
- PhD candidates: Applicants should be currently enrolled in a PhD program
- ECR: those who have obtained a PhD within 7 years by the deadline January 21, 2022. The period exclude career breaks due to parental leave, health issues, etc.
- Applicants from underrepresented regions in CliC, e.g. South America, Asia, Africa
- For fellowships: the visiting facility must differ from the applicant´s country of origin and current country of residence
How are Applicants Selected?
Proposed activities for fellowships may include:
- Research visits to laboratories, research groups, etc
- Research synthesis, fieldwork or analysis
Proposed activities for grants may include:
- Promotion of best practice protocols on research in cryosphere regions attentive to societal and community needs and expectations
- Educational activities/capacity exchange related to cryosphere research
- Activities to promote leadership and project management skills
- Research/activities to support participation in policy decision processes
- Science communication efforts aimed at policy making
- Dissemination and outreach activities, e.g., production of media pieces about CliC activities, research highlights, etc
Proposals that are motivated by clearly articulated COVID-induced delays or thwarted activities will also be considered.
Which Countries are Eligible?
In South America, Asia & Africa
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Fellowships & Grants?
CliC fellowship and grant awards up to a maximum amount of 20,000 Swiss Francs (CHF). If a strong case is made for a larger grant, it should not exceed 30,000 CHF. Co-funding with other sources is encouraged.
How Long will the Program Last?
Activities must be completed in 2022.