Future Africa Fellowship 2022 for Public Sector Young Leaders
Future Africa Fellowship 2022 for Public Sector Young Leaders. Apply below!
When is the Application Deadline:
5th February 2022.
Tell Me About Future Africa Fellowship:
The Future Africa Fellowship is a year-long learning experience that provides aspiring public sector leaders and social innovators with the knowledge, network and skills required to transform the African political economy. The Fellowship incorporates research, debate and rigorous analysis designed to empower Fellows to participate in developing implementable policy proposals for local, national and regional contexts.
Key components of the Fellowship
During the virtual programme, Fellows will familiarize themselves with contemporary debates on African socio-political and development issues, evaluate varying perspectives on policy approaches, engage in quality debate and develop critical reviews of existing policies and new proposals designed to address Africa’s development needs. A core element of the Fellowship is a quarterly Forum, bridging the gap between aspiring public sector leaders and current development practitioners.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply?
The Future Africa Fellowship is open to:
- African citizens living on the continent or in the diaspora;
- Between the ages of 21-30 years;
- Passionate about understanding the African political economy and engaging in development reforms;
- Interested in participating in quality debate by providing national/international perspectives;
- Able to commit to an 8-month programme requiring weekly engagement.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Fellowships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Future Africa Fellowship?
Through the Fellowship, all participants will have access to:
- Certificate of completion of the Fellowship;
- Expanded network of emerging leaders across Africa to collaborate on pan-African projects;
- Access to a wide range of development experts and public sector leaders, sharing perspectives from their work;
- Written articles published on Future Africa’s website and promoted on Future Africa’s social platforms;
- Recommendation letters from Future Africa for future opportunities.
How Long will the Program Last?
The 2022 cohort of the Future Africa Fellowship will run from March 5th – October 29th.
Key activities will include:
- Weekly peer discussions and analytical debates.
- Bi-weekly selected readings on thematic issues, ranging from elections and democratic governance to domestic and global policy analysis;
- Monthly case study simulations;
- Monthly written reflections and analyses on topical issues;
- Quarterly guest speaker Forum with development practitioners and public sector leaders.
How to Apply for Future Africa Fellowship:
Apply via links below