African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) Post-secondary Scholarship Program 2022 – For Study at Kenyan Universities
The African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) is a non-profit agency that supports Kenyan students by providing post-secondary scholarships.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2022.
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be taken at (country): Kenya
About the Award: In 2022, ACCES will offer partial scholarships to young Kenyans from Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega and Vihiga Counties. Eligible applicants must be needy, bright, have a record of satisfactory educational
achievement, and MUST have an admission letter to or be enrolled in a public College or university accredited with Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC.) or Kenya University and College Central Placement Service (KUCCPS).
Eligibility: To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen, below 30 years of age, and from Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega and Vihiga Counties.
- Must have a minimum KCSE grade of C plain for college and C+ for University.
- For those already attending College/University and meet the above grades, must maintain a minimum grade B and above in academic performance.
- Must be either enrolled or have an admission letter to a Kenyan learning institution accredited with the KNEC or KUCCPS. Post-Graduate Program Students are not eligible.
- Students on Privately Sponsored Students’ Programmes (PSSP) in colleges and universities are not eligible to apply.
- College/University students must not be fully funded by Higher Education Loans Board (HELB). For those under the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) Program, only the college/university undergraduates with a HELB loan of KShs.40,000 and below and demonstrating further financial need may be considered. ACCES Staff will verify the amount the candidate claims to have received from HELB at www.helb.co.ke.
- Students with DISABILITY who did KCSE from Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega, Kisumu, Nandi, Siaya, TransNzoia, Uasin Gishu and Vihiga counties are eligible to apply.
- Must demonstrate the need for financial assistance by providing supporting documents outlining family circumstances. Recommendation letters alone, without other supporting documents, will not be sufficient.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful applicants will receive a partial college or university scholarship from ACCES.
How to Apply: To submit your application, or for more information and assistance please email the ACCES Scholarship Coordinator:
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.