For Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship, the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Institut Français de Recherche en Afrique (IFRA) of Nairobi offer a short-term fellowship of three month in France for postdoc researchers from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Eastern Congo (Kivu) who have presented their thesis from 2016.
Table of Contents
When is the Application Deadline:
9th December, 2022, 17:00 (Paris time)
Tell Me About Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship:
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who is Eligible?
- Nationality: This program is open to researchers originating from Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda Eastern Congo (Kivu) (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
- Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2017.
- Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
- French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFRA expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
How are Applicants Selected?
A selection committee composed with members of FMSH, IFRA and independent experts will analyse and proceed to final selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the programme will be prioritized.
Candidates will be informed by email of the results in early February 2023.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda Eastern Congo (Kivu) (nationality is a requirement)
What is the Benefit of Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship?
Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1 600 € (paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
Besides, the FMSH and the IFRA provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries…).
At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH and the IFRA with a report presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
How Long will the Program Last?
How to Apply for Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship:
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier. The online application form will be available on the FMSH website as of September 15th, 2022. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of December 9th, 2022, 17:00 (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.