Applications for the IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2023 are now open.
Table of Contents
When is the Application Deadline:
30th June 2023
Tell Me About the IMF Youth Fellowship Program:
The 2022 IMF Youth Fellowship Program provides an opportunity for young participants to become part of the global effort to build forward better and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to the crisis. Participants in the program will experience firsthand the IMF virtual Annual Meetings and participate in virtual training led by IMF experts. Selected fellows will get the opportunity to participate in a 2-day virtual workshop to meet with IMF management and senior staff and discuss current global economic issues including inclusive growth, inequality, digital economy and climate change.
Which Fields are Eligible?
Any fields are eligible
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who is Eligible for IMF Youth Fellowship Program?
- Be between the ages of 20 and 35 years as of October 15, 2023
- Have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization
- Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up
- Content creation/influencer and/or contributing to independent platforms
- Have knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics, and development issues, particularly on inclusive economic growth, the digital economy, or climate change
- Have graduated from or currently be a student in the field of international relations and development, communications, economics, or related fields
- Demonstrate good public speaking and presentation skills
- Be a citizen of an IMF member country
- Have no current affiliation with government institutions
- Not have previously been a fellow of the YFP.
Which Countries are Eligible?
IMF Member countries
Where will the Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of the Scholarship?
As a successful applicant, you can expect to:
- Experience deep engagement and networking opportunities with scholars, leaders and IMF experts on issues of global importance such as climate change, inequality, inclusive growth, and the digital economy
- Participate in a virtual capacity building program, including sessions on ‘presenting with impact’ and storytelling
- Have access to the Annual Meetings seminars and events
- Become part of the IMF Youth Network to connect with previous IMF Youth Fellows and stay informed of future opportunities, events and publications
- Receive a certificate of completion of the IMF Youth Fellowship Program
How Long will the Program Last?
|Date (in 2023)
|IMF YFP application period opens
|IMF YFP application period closes
|Selected participants informed
|Week of October 9th
|Selected participants attend the IMF YFP and IMF Annual Meetings in Marrakech, Morocco.
*Applications can be submitted in Arabic, English or French.