Heinrich Böll Foundation/Advocacy Accelerator Challenging Patriarchy Programme 2021 for Young Feminists in Eastern Africa
Apply for the Heinrich Böll Foundation/Advocacy Accelerator Challenging Patriarchy Programme if you are a young feminist in Eastern Africa and you want to accelerate the impact of your advocacy work!
9th August 2021.
About the Heinrich Böll Foundation/Advocacy Accelerator Challenging Patriarchy Programme:
The Heinrich Böll Foundation in collaboration with Advocacy Accelerator has launched an advocacy capacity strengthening programme designed for young feminists based in 7 countries in East Africa. The Challenging Patriarchy Programme is designed to increase your knowledge and strengthen your advocacy capacity to transform the lived experiences of women and girls within your local or national context.
Type of Award:
The programme is designed for young and emerging feminists aged 18-30 years old currently working on or planning campaigns that challenge patriarchal norms in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Eritrea, Ethiopia, South Sudan and Somaliland.
Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Eritrea, South Sudan & Somaliland.
Number of Awards:
Value of Heinrich Böll Foundation/Advocacy Accelerator Challenging Patriarchy Programme:
Here is what you need to know about this programme.
- The Challenging Patriarchy Programme will run for 6-months on a part-time schedule, and you will be part of a cohort of fellow feminists who will learn feminist theory and practice.
- You will participate in interactive in-person and virtual spaces to receive coaching and support to empower your learning across sectors and countries.
- This programme is a unique opportunity to build a network of peer feminist advocates.
- Your engagement in course content via either self-led reading and reflection activities or participation in live webinars.
- Discussion, learning and exploration of topics including social justice, feminist economics and intersectionality.
- This program will provide you with the opportunity to develop joint cross-country campaigns that challenge the status quo of patriarchy.
As a candidate for this programme, you will be expected to fulfil the following:
- Give your full commitment to complete the entire 6-month period is a prerequisite.
- Actively engage with the content of the programme as a means to deepen your learning.
- Commit to sharing your experiences gained before and during the programme with fellow young feminists.
- Practice self-awareness, accountability and respect for fellow programme candidates.
Duration of Award:
6 months. The programme starts on Wednesday, 1 September 2021.
How to Apply:
Click HERE to fill out the application form
Visit Heinrich Böll Foundation/Advocacy Accelerator Challenging Patriarchy Programme Webpage for Details
FAQ on the Heinrich Böll Foundation/Advocacy Accelerator Challenging Patriarchy Programme 2021
Where is the Programme holding? The Programme takes place online and is free for eligible candidates to participate.
How do I know I’m eligible for this Programme? Have you recently started a women advocacy journey that fights against the challenges of partriachy in any ofthe eligible East African countries? Then you’re eligible to apply for this programme.
Which African countries are eligible? Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Eritrea, South Sudan & Somaliland.