Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship 2021/2022
South China Normal University is proud to offer the Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarships for the academic year 2021/2022
Application Deadline: 15th July 2021
About the Award: Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship is established by Guangdong Provincial Government to attract outstanding international students for undergraduate and graduate studies in the universities of Guangdong Province. As one of the key comprehensive universities, South China Normal University (SCNU) undertakes the enrolment of international students under this government scholarship.
Type: Undergraduate, Master, PhD.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Applicants should apply for undergraduate or graduate study.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate studies must have a graduation diploma of senior high school or higher education and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants must be rated excellent in their previous study and select appropriate discipline in accordance with his/her interest and academic background with well-prepared study or research plan.
5. Applicants should be self-funded students. This application is not open to those who have been awarded with other scholarship.
- Applicant should pay all the tuition and fees. Scholarship will be given out as one-off payment to the scholarship winner’s account.
- Applicants will be given priority consideration if they graduate from world-renowned universities, sister universities or are recommended by senior professors or experts. A panel of experts at SCNU will decide the admission list and screen candidates for the scholarship. Admission will be decided on the basis of the applicants’ application documents, academic performance, overall merits, research achievements and supervisors’ comments. The admitted students should register at SCNU as a self-funded students on time and then enter the final round screening automatically. The list of nominees produced from the final screening will be submitted to the Department of Education of Guangdong Province for final approval.
- The result will be published on SCNU website and the official website of the Department of Education of Guangdong Province presumably in December. Scholarship will be given out afterwards.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): China
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: One-off payment subsidy: RMB￥30,000 per person for doctoral students; RMB ￥20,000 per person for master’s students; RMB￥10,000 per person for bachelor’s students.
- Winners for this scholarship will be given priority consideration in the next round scholarship application.
Duration of Award: one-off (once)
How to Apply: See all the information in Link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.