Top 10 International Scholarships to Study Hospitality and Tourism Management
For those who wish to obtain an international degree in the field of Hospital and Tourism Management, we have compiled a list of top ten scholarships available for the program, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Royal Greenhill Institute of Technology International Scholarship, Australia
The Royal Greenhill Institute of Technology Scholarship allows for international students who wish to obtain an undergraduate degree in the fields of business leadership, global management, information technology, hospital management, community services, and related courses taught at the institution.
Benefit of the scholarship: The scholarship covers the tuition at the first semester of the study.
Eligibility criteria: To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Demonstrate academic excellence and dedication towards studies;
- Hold a current Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) for the intended course taught at the Royal Greenhill Institute of Technology;
- Enroll in an undergraduate degree at the institute.
It is advisable for applicants to apply for the scholarship immediately after the admission application. All applications are done online.
- VinUniversity Scholarships for International Students, Vietnam
VinUniversity offers scholarships to international students who meet the eligibility for the offer. The recipients must be offered admission for undergraduate studies in the fields of Hospitality Management, Nursing, Medicine, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the university.
Benefits of the scholarship: There are two kinds of scholarship offered at the VinUniversity and they include:
- VinUniversity Merit-based Scholarship: this is offered to outstanding students who possess academic capabilities, creativity, aspiration and commitment. The scholarship offered will cover between 90% – 100% of the tuition fees for the entire period of studies. The value is estimated to be $126 000 – $141 500 per program. Students with exceptional talents will be offered full tuition plus $1500 covering for living expenses.
- VinUniversity Need-sensitive International Fellowship: this covers 50% – 80% tuition for the entire period of study at the university. The value is estimated to be $70 000 – $112 000 per program.
Eligibility criteria: Applicants must hold a high school diploma and English language proficiency (IELTS 6.5 or its equivalence).
- Applicants will receive an invitation for interview within five working days of application submission;
- The application result and admission letters will be sent to the applicants within five working days after the interview. If there is any scholarship condition, it will be attached to the letter.
- An enrollment decision will be made by applicants within five working days of receiving the letters.
- University of Surrey – Hospitality and Tourism Management Prestige Scholarships in the UK
The scholarship is open to international students planning to obtain a bachelor’s degree at the University of Surrey in the fields of Hospitality Management and Tourism Management.
Benefits of the scholarship: The scholarship is valued at £5000 in the form of tuition waiver for the first year of study.
Eligibility criteria: In order to qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Have gained admission to study any of the Hospitality and Tourism Management course at the university;
- Be an oversea fee-paying student (Home or EEU students are not eligible);
- Have studied and achieved grades of ABB at A-Level (excluding Critical Thinking or General Studies) or its equivalence;
- Not have received any other scholarship or sponsorship for studies.
There is no application form for the scholarship as the school will identify eligible candidates based on their nationalities. Students with dual nationality are eligible for application.
- UK Bournemouth University Executive Dean’s Scholarship
The UK Bournemouth University Executive Dean’s Scholarship allows for master’s degree programs in the field of Tourism Management, International Tourism and Tourism, Faculty of Management. The scholarship excludes postgraduate diplomas in the faculty. International students are eligible to apply.
Benefit of the scholarship: The scholarship covers only 50% of the tuition.
Eligibility criteria: The requirements for the scholarship include:
- Applicants must hold admission for a full-time master’s degree in the department of Hospitality and Tourism;
- The scholarship excludes applicants for postgraduate diplomas;
- If you hold the receipt of any other scholarship, you are not eligible to apply;
- If English language is not your first language, you must present a proof of English language proficiency. You must have achieved a minimum of IELTS (Academics) 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in each component.
The mode of application for the scholarship is online application.
- UK 30 Strathclyde Business School Master’s Scholarship
The Strathclyde University offers scholarship to international students to study Hospitality Management, Tourism Management, Tourism and related courses taught at the Strathclyde Business School. The scholarship is available for students to pursue master’s degree programs at the school. It will be awarded on merit and not need-based.
Benefits of the scholarship: The scholarship value is worth £7000.
Eligibility criteria: The requirements of the scholarship include:
- Excellent academic performance;
- Relevant extracurricular or professional experience and readiness to contribute to the overall academic, cultural and experiential profile of the program cohort.
- Willingness of the applicant to engage in a variety of activities like volunteering and monitoring during the course of study;
- Proof of English language proficiency.
There is no separate application for the scholarship as candidates are automatically considered for the scholarship upon receiving the admission letter.
- University of Salford Scholarship for International Students in the UK
The University of Salford offers scholarships to international students to pursue an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree in the fields of Civil Engineering, Physics, Business Administration, Business Management, Environmental Science, Arts and Design Hospitality Management, Tourism Management, Media Studies, and many more. The scholarship can be taken in the UK.
Benefits of the scholarship: The scholarship is of two categories:
- Vice chancellor’s undergraduate excellence scholarship, worth £5000
- Vice chancellor’s postgraduate excellence scholarship, worth £2000 for tuition up to £11 499 or £3000 for tuition up to £11 500 and above.
Eligibility criteria: The scholarship is available to only international students. Students from the UK and EU are not qualified.
Entry requirements vary from course to course. Therefore, the applicant is advised to check the website of the school for more information.
- Australia Awards Scholarship for International Students
The scholarship allows for international students to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Australian universities. It provides opportunities for individuals from developing countries in Asia, Africa, Pacific and MIDDLE East to undertake full-time studies at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. All courses offered in these institutions, including Hospitality and Tourism Management, are eligible for the scholarship.
Benefits of the scholarship: The scholarship is comprised of the following:
- Full tuition
- Return air travel
- Establishment allowance
- Contribution to living expenses
- Overseas student health cover
- Introductory academic program
- Pre-course English fee, among others.
Eligibility criteria: To be among the recipients of the scholarship, applicants must:
- Not be below 18 at the time of the commencement of the scholarship;
- Be a citizen of participating countries;
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or apply for a visa for permanent residency in Australia;
- Not b married, engaged to or de facto of a person who holds or is eligible to hold Australian citizenship or permanent residency;
- Not be a current serving military;
- Not have received a long-term Australian award
- Meet the program requirements and admission requirements of the host institution, among others.
Visit the Online Australia Scholarship Information System (OASIS) page to read more about the scholarship program and How to Apply instructions.
Recommended Video: Top 10 Paid Internships to Travel and Work Abroad around the World
- Austrian National University (ANU) Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Up to 200 international students will receive the ANU awards to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate program in the university. All courses are eligible for the scholarship.
Benefits of the scholarship: The award comprises 6 categories and they are:
- Undergraduate international applicants will receive 25 awards of up to $25 000 each.
- Postgraduate international applicants will receive 75 awards of up to $15 000 each.
- International applicants from South Asia Region to receive 50 awards of up to $25 000 each.
- International applicants from South-East Asia Region to receive 30 awards of up to $25 000 each.
- International applicants from Middle East and African Regions to receive 10 awards of up to $25 000 each.
- International applicants who have completed International Baccalaureate (IB) to receive 10 awards of up to $20 000 each.
Eligible criteria: To be eligible for the ANU scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an international student currently residing in or outside Australia;
- Have received an offer of admission for an undergraduate or postgraduate program;
- Be a self-funding fee-paying student and has never received any scholarship or sponsorship for tuition before, among others.
There is no separate application for the scholarship application as applicants who receive admission offers are automatically eligible for the scholarship. The applicants would be informed of the scholarship on the day they receive the admission offer.
- International Scholarships at Perth College of Business and Technology (PCBT) in Australia
The scholarship is open for international students to pursue a bachelor’s degree study in the fields of English, Hospitality Management, Business, and Commercial Cookery at Perth College of Business and Technology. Up to 70 scholarships are available for grabs.
Benefits of the scholarship: International students will receive 10% reduction in tuition fee, while Australian citizens will receive up to 30%.
Eligibility criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must meet English and Academic requirements for admission;
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of one-year program at the PCBT
- Is not a recipient of any other PCBT scholarship offer;
- Must not transfer scholarship to a third party redeemable for cash;
- Pays all tuition and other fees as required by the school;
- Meets the conditions of the student visa.
All students of international backgrounds are eligible for this offer.
- Canada TSoM Love Canada Diploma Scholarships for International Students
The scholarship is available for international students enrolled in short courses at the diploma level in the fields of Business Administration Hospitality Management and Tourism Management at the Toronto School of Management (TSoM) in Canada.
Benefits of the scholarship: The Love Canada Scholarship is worth $11 000 for diploma programs.
Eligibility criteria: Applicants for the TSoM Love Canada scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of up to 80% academic achievements;
- A CV containing information demonstrating leadership within past or current employment and/or volunteering experience;
- A 600-word essay detailing “Why You love Canada” or “Why You selected Canada for Your Overseas Study”;
- Must meet the English language requirements.
There are numerous scholarships available for international students to make their choice from, make sure you did not miss the opportunity to earn a degree abroad.