McKinsey&Company Africa Forward Virtual Training Programme 2022 for Young African Professionals
Apply to Forward. A virtual learning program that boosts the careers of young professionals in Africa
Application Deadline: 20th June 2022
About the Award: Forward is a virtual learning program that boosts the careers of high-potential young professionals by equipping them with a broad set of capabilities to help them thrive. It focuses on critical skills needed for success in the future of work, such as digital essentials, structured-thinking skills, and social and emotional intelligence.
Forward’s three-level, virtual learning program offers you access to McKinsey’s cutting-edge content and a community of peers. It equips you with practical skills and tools to apply throughout your career. Forward is launching in Africa, with plans to expand to other regions soon.
- Foundation level: Discover critical skills needed to thrive in the future of work with more than ten hours of introductory digital content.
- Advanced level Expand and apply your new skills through a six-week immersive journey with advanced digital content, bespoke virtual workshops, and peer learning.
- Network level: Join a vibrant community of peers and get access to content to help refresh your skills on your learning journey—and even discover how you can become a Forward coach too.
Forward is a training program. Participation in the program does not constitute collaboration or employment with McKinsey.
Eligibility: To be accepted into Forward, you must meet the following criteria:
- be a university graduate
- have no more than five years of formal work experience (not including internships)
- be currently employed in a private small or medium-size enterprise (meaning fewer than 250 employees around the world), not for profit, or nongovernmental organization or be self-employed (for example, as a business owner or freelancer)
- have a good command of the English language, which the program will use
Please note that the answers you submit to the eligibility questions in the application will be verified.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Forward can teach you to navigate the future workplace and equip you with the critical skills you need to succeed–such as problem solving, digital and analytical skills, and social and emotional intelligence.
As a young professional embarking on your career at a time of unprecedented change in the nature of work, Forward will set you up for success by providing the following:
- practical content and skills that you can apply immediately on the job, including: digital and analytical capabilities to work and think in new ways; creative approaches to address complex business challenges and communicate effectively; and resilience and adaptability to work successfully independently and in teams
- a learning journey based on McKinsey’s cutting-edge content and delivered by expert facilitators
- a community of peers across borders to learn from and share experiences with as you build lasting relationships
Participants who complete all the requirements of the Foundation and Advanced levels will receive a certificate of completion from McKinsey.
There is NO enrollment fee for eligible participants.
Duration of Award:
If you complete both the foundation and advanced levels, the journey is expected to take 12 weeks (the Network level remains ongoing).
- Foundation level: six weeks
- Advanced level: six weeks
- Network level: ongoing
On average, participants dedicate two to three hours per week to complete all the requirements of the Foundation and Advanced levels. Participating in the Advanced level will also require you to commit to two half-day workshops and less than five hours of group work.
How to Apply: Apply now
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.