UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum (Fuzhou (China)/Online, 2021)
As an integral part of the extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee (Fuzhou (China)/Online, 2021), and within the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the National Commission for the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO will host the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2021 online, under the theme of “World Heritage and Sustainable Livelihoods”, from 5th to 9th July 2021.
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2021 at 23:59 Beijing Time (CET + 6)
Eligible Countries: Up to 30 participants will be selected for the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019:
One participant from each of the 21 Member States of the current World Heritage Committee (Angola, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, China, Cuba, Guatemala, Hungary, Indonesia, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Spain, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zimbabwe) and up to 9 participants from other countries will be selected.
To Be Taken At (Country): Fuzhou (China)/Online
About the Award: World Heritage Young Professionals Fora are among the flagship activities of the World Heritage Education Programme, serving as a platform for bringing young professionals and heritage experts together to foster intercultural learning and exchange, to debate about common concerns and to discover new roles for themselves in heritage conservation.
Type: Conference, Training
Eligibility: Participants of the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 are expected to be:
- Aged between 23 and 32 years;
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage; working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people;
- Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
Selection Criteria: The selection will be made based on the requirements above, with a specific
- Balanced geographical representation,
- Dissemination of gained experience in the country or institution of origin
- Gender equality,
- Diversity of professional backgrounds.
Number of Awards: 30
Value of Award:
- All travel and accommodation costs for the selected participants will be covered for the duration of the forum.
- The organizers will assist in the travel preparations (including visas) and bookings.
- If any participant wishes to extend their stay until the end of the Committee session, all related costs should be covered by the participant with the consent of the State Party concerned. This information should be communicated to the organizers in advance to make the necessary arrangements.
Duration of Program: 5th to 9th July 2021.
How to Apply: Candidates who wish to apply for participation in the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum should fill in and submit the online application form. Please make sure that you include all the required information in the application form and that you attach the requested supporting documents.