Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program 2021 for Egyptian Professionals
Provides opportunities for arts and cultural management, or museum and heritage studies, professionals and academics to conduct research at U.S. Institutions.
Application Deadline: 28th August 2021
Type: Short course
- Egyptian citizenship
- Currently residing in Egypt; applicants must reside in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Professionals at an artistic institution, e.g. museum, library, arts, cultural center/institute, or academic faculty members at Egyptian universities in the fields of arts and cultural management, or museum and heritage studies.
- Possess a strong professional or academic background in the field of study; applicants should be suitably qualified to conduct the proposed research.
- B.A. or B.Sc. and/or MFA.
- Excellent command of English.
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- U.S. citizens and green card holders and applicants are not eligible to apply.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants without recent prior significant experience in the U.S. and/or overseas.
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be Taken at (Country): USA
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Professional and excess baggage allowances
- Health benefits coverage
Note: International travel is not covered by the grant and is normally provided by the grantee’s home institution.
Duration of Award: three to nine months.
How to Apply: (All documents must be submitted online by no later than August 28, 2021. Please carefully read the Application Guidelines)
- Online Application
- Project Statement and Bibliography
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Three recommendation letters
- CV with clear contact information
- Letter of support from home institution
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
- Personal Photo
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Important Notes: The Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program seeks applicants that have developed a sense of personal integrity and are original thinkers. Copying someone else’s writing, whether from the Internet, from a book or from a friend is considered plagiarism. Any quoted words or sentences should include a citation. An applicant who is found to have plagiarized in any form (including unintentional or accidental plagiarism) in his or her application will be disqualified. For further information about plagiarism and citation, please click on the following link: https://fulbright-egypt.org/resources/. All content in applications must be the applicant’s original contribution and his/her own intellectual property. Having someone else write or contribute to the writing of an individual’s application, either fully or partially, does not uphold the standards of integrity expected of Fulbrighters and may result in the ineligibility of your application.