BMGA Fellowship Program 2021 for Young Women University Graduates and Final Year Students
A partnership for female university graduates and final year students
Application Deadline: 18th April 2021
About the Award: The BMGA Fellows Program is a social impact initiative designed to narrow the gender skills gap that exists among female university graduates in Africa. It is a six-month online blended programme that provides young women with access to the knowledge and resources required to develop their employability skills.
- Young women from Ghana, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda and Zambia.
- Final year students, recent graduates and early career professionals with not more than 3 (three) years post-university work experience are welcome to apply.
- Excellent academic record: Applicants must have graduated top of their class or a final year student with a current or cumulative CGPA equivalent to a B+ [UK grade point system].
- Applicants must speak, write, and read English with proficiency.
- Applicants must have regular access to the internet.
The Selection Process
Through a rigorous open application process, the selection committee selects high potential young people, who are recent university graduates or students in their final year of university, to participate in an intensive six-month fellowship program.
BMGA’s selection committee utilizes their expertise to review all applications and the decision made by the committee is final.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The program offers high-level professional development courses, mentorship, and life skills that are designed to prepare young people for a career in the 21st Century. As a fellow, you will join the BMGA Fellows Program Alumni network which will provide you with a wide range of opportunities from professional mentorships to programs specifically tailored towards career development.
Duration of Award: 6 months
How to Apply: Click here to apply to be a part of the 2021 cohort of the BMGA Fellows Program.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.