Flutterwave International Women’s Day Grant for Africa 2021 for Women-led Businesses
In celebration of International Women’s Day, Flutterwave is giving $2500 grant each, to winning women-led businesses across Africa.
Application Deadline: 9th April 2021
About the Award: The annual Flutterwave International Women’s Day grant will be open during International Women’s Day and will award 7 women-led businesses with US$2500 each in addition to providing training and mentorship programmes.
Eligibility: The award will target businesses in the following countries:
- South Africa
Other Selection Criteria
- Women-led business: Women who own small businesses are 43% more likely than men to be concerned about limited access to money affecting their companies.
- Viable and sustainable business: We aim to support businesses that have been in operation for less than 3 years, with a strategy for sustainability and have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 employees to qualify.
- New & Already existing Flutterwave Merchants: The prize money will be paid into the winner’s Flutterwave Account. This means that every participant should own a Flutterwave account. It’s never too late. Sign up here.
- Must be legally and locally registered with relevant authorities: Your business must comply with all local laws and regulations for it to participate in this grant.
Eligible Countries: African countries above
Number of Awards: 7
Value of Award:
- Each winning business will be awarded US$2500. Winning businesses will also be supported with free video content creation and online visibility, through paid and organic channels.
- Winners will get access to an exclusive group where they will be trained and mentored through office hours by the best entrepreneurs in their fields. Mentors will be selected from 7 countries, covering Technology, Marketing, Finance, Sales, Operations, Investment, etc.
How to Apply: Register here
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.