TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award for Frontier Science 2022 for Researchers from Developing Countries
TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award for Frontier Science 2022: TWAS is inviting nominations for the 2022 Award.
Application Deadline: 20th April 2022
About the TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award: This annual award, established in year 2020, recognizes scientific achievements by young scientists living and working in a developing country. The second edition of the award will recognize achievements in astronomy and cosmology. The award, worth USD 10,000, is sponsored by Lenovo Ltd.
The recipients receive USD10,000 sponsored by Lenovo, global leader in consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology that is the largest PC company in the world.
The subject rotates among various fields of science. The 2020 award recognized achievements in the physical sciences, including physics and chemistry. In future years it will honour achievements in earth science, mathematics and artificial intelligence, and life sciences.
Eligible Field(s): Astronomy and Cosmology
Eligibility for TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award:
- Eligible candidates are young scientists (not older than 45 years of age), national of a developing country, who have been living and working in a developing country for a minimum of two years immediately prior to their nomination.
- In 2022 the award will recognize achievements in earth sciences. Contributions in planetary science will not be considered.
- Self nominations and nominations from jury members will not be considered. Fellows of TWAS are not eligible.
- The same nominee cannot be nominated for more than one ‘Fellows of TWAS Awards’ in a given year. The secretariat retains the right to bring to the attention of the relevant nominators that the nomination may be suitable for another award, and the final decision whether or not to shift the nomination will be taken by the nominators themselves.
Selection: Selection of the winner is made on scientific merit. A pre-screening of the nominees will be done at TWAS. The nomination dossiers of the qualified candidates will then be submitted to jury members for their evaluation. Based on this evaluation the winner will be selected.
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
Number of Awards: 1
Value of TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award: USD10,000
How to Apply for TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award:
Click below to start a new nomination for the TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award for Frontier Science
Click below to resume working on saved nomination/s for the TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award for Frontier Science
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.