Applications are now open for the University of Edinburgh Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2022/2023
Application Deadline: 15th March 2022
About the University of Edinburgh Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships: The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are offered to citizens from low and middle income Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth. A total of 40 awards are available
Eligible Field(s): Before applying, please read the Eligibility Information on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website.
- Clinical Education, MSc
- MSc Epidemiology
- Family Medicine, MSc
- General Surgery, ChM
- International Development, MSc
- MSc Surgical Sciences
- ChM Trauma & Orthopaedics
- ChM Urology
- ChM Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
Eligibility: University of Edinburgh Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships will be awarded to students who have applied for admission on a part-time basis for any of the eligible programmes listed below commencing in the 2022-2023 academic year.
To apply for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of or be granted refugee status from an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently and continually resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
- All candidates must provide at least one reference
- All candidates must hold an offer to start their chosen course of study in the 2022.
Before applying, please be sure to read the Eligibility Information on the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission website.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of University of Edinburgh Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships: The scholarship includes full tuition fee and resources to enhance student participation, access and research skills.
How to Apply:
This is a TWO PART process
PART ONE: Apply to the programme at the university, search for your eligible On-line Masters of choice on our Degree Finder.
To secure an offer you must meet the University of Edinburgh entry requirements, including demonstrating English language competency. Applicants are highly encouraged to inform the admission team about the intention to apply to the CSC scholarship scheme in order to meet the 15th of March deadline.
PART TWO: Once you have received an offer from the University of Edinburgh, apply to the Commonwealth Scholarships, information on how to apply can be found here.
Before applying, please be sure to read the Eligibility information on the Commonwealth Scholarships webpage.
Remember you must include all supporting documentation.
Deadline Date is 17:00 GMT on Tuesday 15th March 2022.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.