World Energy Council (WEC) Future Energy Leaders Program 2021
The Council is now looking for the next set of bright young professionals to join its Future Energy Leaders’ programme – the FEL-100, which is designed to help shape, inspire and grow our energy leaders of tomorrow. If you’re under 35 and think you’ve got what it takes to shape the future of energy, WEC wants to hear from you!
Application Deadline: 28th March 2021 COB.
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: This is a prime opportunity for young professionals to become one of the Council’s key communities. Our Future Energy Leaders (FELS), form a community of exceptional young professionals who share a commitment to shaping the global energy agenda.
The FEL 100 network consists of individuals from across the globe who represent diverse players within the energy sector including government, academia, civil society, industry as well as social entrepreneurs.
Members of the FEL-100 get the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the World Energy Council’s global energy dialogue
- Help shape energy solutions for tomorrow
- Support the development of balanced policy frameworks
Every year the number of applicants is greater than the number of spaces available and the number of applications grows. Therefore, only the strongest candidates will be selected by the Nominations Committee of the FEL Board, taking into account the diversity of gender, background and region.
Type: Fellowship (Professional)
Eligibility: Programme applicants should meet the following essential criteria:
- Solid interest and proven track record in energy or energy +; the CV indicates a specific achievement and the potential to become a leader in his / her field
- 3-5 years junior management experience in an energy-related field considered a plus
- Highly motivated and encouraged to work with the World Energy Council, and ready to commit to become a member of the exclusive FEL-100 and remain engaged for at least one up to typically three years
- Advanced level of English
- Not more than 32 years old at the time of application
- Availability for at least 15 days contact time with the development programme (20 days in Congress years). Validation by employer would be considered a plus.
The Nominations Committee of the FEL Board will be responsible for the final selection of new participants to the programme.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value and Duration of Award: In order to guarantee the quality and continuity of the programme, each selected individual is initially taken on board for one year. Afterwards the opportunity to remain in the programme is offered to those able to demonstrate commitment and involvement. At the end of their tenure, programme participants will receive a certificate and will join the FEL-Alumni community to remain part of the World Energy Council’s global network.
How to Apply: Before you start completing this application form, please read the outline of the application form and make sure you have all necessary documents ready to be uploaded (CV and two recommendation letters).