World Bank Group African and African Diaspora Fellows for Infrastructure 2021
To continue to expand the infrastructure team’s impact and value to work on these critical development issues, the World Bank has created a fellowship program dedicated to African and African Diaspora candidates.
Application Deadline: 15th April 2021
About the Award: With 189 member countries, staff from over 170 countries, and offices in 130, the World Bank Group aims to bring a richness of perspectives, cultures and experiences that is invaluable to our clients and make us a truly global multilateral development bank.
Our work in infrastructure in particular aims to improve lives by creating inclusion and connecting people to opportunities. We help developing countries address their unique infrastructure needs by building smart infrastructure that supports inclusive and sustainable growth, expands markets, creates job opportunities, promotes competition, and contributes to a cleaner future. The challenges are huge: Globally, 840 million people live more than 2 kilometers from all-weather roads, 1 billion people lack electricity, and 4 billion people lack Internet access. Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals will only be possible if we close these infrastructure gaps,
Eligibility: The program aims to welcomes outstanding candidates who are citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries or those who hold the citizenship of other countries but trace their ancestry to Sub-Saharan Africa, such as African-Americans, Afro-Latin-Americans, Afro-Caribbean, and others.
Selection Criteria: We recognize that poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. So, we are continually in search of the brightest, most talented individuals from around the globe. And we are proud to employ a dedicated and committed workforce that is diverse in gender, nationality and ethnic background.
Eligible Countries: Any country but with Sub-Saharan African ancestry
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- We invite you to join a global team that currently works on more than 400 operations for a total value of USD 75 billion, and produces world-class research and knowledge focused on achieving sustainable infrastructure solutions that build better lives in developing and emerging economies.
- A career with the World Bank Group (WBG) offers a unique opportunity for exceptionally talented individuals with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems.
How to Apply: If you want to help change the world by ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity, then the World Bank Group is the right place for you.
For this recruitment drive, we are looking for potential candidates with strong skills for the following roles:
- Extended Term Consultant, Transport Global Knowledge Unit
- Extended Term Consultant, Infrastructure Chief Economist Office
- Extended Term Consultant, Latin America Transport
- Extended Term Consultant, South Asia Transport
- Extended Term Consultant, South Asia Infrastructure
- Extended Term Consultant, MNA Infrastructure
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.