Wageningen University & Research/Wasafiri African Food Systems Leadership Programme 2021 for African Researchers
The African Food Fellowship is pleased to announce an open call for applications for its Food Systems Leadership Programme in Kenya! Are you a leader working to transform Kenya’s Food System? We are looking for YOU!
Application Deadline: 15th April 2021
About the Award: Wageningen University and Research & Wasafiri, with support of IKEA Foundation, have come together to create a unique systems leadership programme and fellowship for Africa’s food systems leaders. Leaders in the food systems are needed who see the bigger picture and can adapt to an ever-changing context. As a leader in the field, you have the determination to help make Africa’s food systems regenerative and more inclusive.
- Passion to work with others and make a difference to the food system
- Able and committed to complete the entire programme
- You have a strategic position, network to contribute to real change in aquaculture, horticulture or agri-finance
- Resident of Kenya
- Age 27- 45 years
- Good English is needed to follow the courses
- Able to think and act in a connected way
- Motivation: are you ambitious, committed and an inspiration to others?
- Talent: do you have potential for leadership, emerging skills and/or a strategic position?
- Impact: have you already made a difference in the impact area?
- Active: are you currently working to bring about real change in food systems?
- Vision: are you able to think and act in a collaborative manner and focus on root causes rather than symptoms?
- Diversity: we seek diversity in the group in many ways, including gender, leadership experience, perspectives and positions within or related to food system
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Kenya
Number of Awards: In total 30 participants – 10 per impact area – will be selected to join the inaugural African Food Fellowship Systems Programme – Kenya cohort. Decisions of the Selection Committee regarding participants are final.
Value of Award: Fully funded
Duration of Award:
- 17 May – 17 september 2021: Course work begins
- 12 September 2021 – 2022: Coaching and networking
How to Apply: Apply now!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.