American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGLS) 2020/2021 for International Undergraduate Students
American University offers the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGLS) annually to one exceptional International Undergraduate Student.
Application Deadline: 15th December, 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Accepted Subject Areas: Courses offered by the university
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (Institution): American University USA
About Scholarship: The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of AU — academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement — the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision. The AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change, and to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
Selection Criteria: The most competitive applicants should have:
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10 percent of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades
- A demonstrated commitment to service and advancing the needs of people in their home country
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with a minimum 90 TOEFL iBT (with no subscore lower than 20) or 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL (or above).
- Demonstrated leadership, volunteerism and community service
Who is qualified to apply? AU EGLS applicants must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2020. Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 600+ paper-based TOEFL (taken on or prior to May 31, 2017)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2020.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2020.
The AU EGLS selection process is most competitive. Priority consideration will be given to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by December 15, 2019.
Number of scholarship: One
What are the benefits? The scholarship provides everything from full tuition, fees, room and board for one first-year (freshman) high-achieving international student
Duration: It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
How to Apply:
Priority consideration will be given to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by December 15, 2019.
To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, simply complete the online application from the link below.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Sponsors: American University, USA
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World