Emerging Leader for African Agricultural Transformation (ELAAT) Award 2021 for African Scientists
An award of $2,000 will be conferred to one emerging scientist for a specific, exceptionally significant, individual achievement in African agriculture.
Application Deadline: 17th March 2021
About the Award: The award is sponsored by OCP North America a recently-created subsidiary of the OCP Group, a leading, global plant-nutrition company headquartered in Morocco. A one-year membership in ASA, CSSA, and SSSA will be provided to the recipient, if not a current member.
- Nominees must have a Master’s or PhD degree with less than 15 years since their final degree or be under 40 years of age.
- Transformational impact of their contributions to the greater field of African agriculture must be quantifiable and measurable.
- All nominations must be submitted in English.
- Nomination letters from organizations must be signed by an executive officer.
- Evidence of credibility, integrity, and professionalism.
- Evidence of quantifiable and measurable impact of their contributions to the field of African agriculture.
- Evidence of the nominee’s contributions that result in, but not limited to, improved soil fertility, crop nutrition, agronomy, climate change adaptation and mitigation, and value chain optimization.
- Creativity and innovation as reflected through the scientist’s overall contribution.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: $2,000
How to Apply: Nominations are open. You may initiate a nomination here.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.