University of the Arts London (UAL) Tuition & Accommodation Scholarships 2021/2022 for Developing Countries – UK
The University of the Arts London is offering tuition and accommodation scholarships for students from low and middle income countries, for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Application Deadline: 18th June 2021 by 1pm.
Eligible Countries: See list below
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
Fields of Study:
- In order to be successful for tuition and accommodation scholarships the candidate must have applied to study a full-time taught masters course at one of UAL’s six Colleges starting in the academic year of 2019/20. Your course must offer either an M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification.
- The following courses do not qualify: Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), Graduate Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma, Integrated Masters (or any similar course that qualifies for undergraduate support from UK student finance agencies), EMBA, MBA, distance learning, blended learning and online courses.
Criteria 1: You must currently hold an offer to study a full-time taught master’s course at one of UAL’s six Colleges starting in the academic year of 2021/2022. Your course must offer either an M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification.
The following courses do not qualify: Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), Graduate Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma, Integrated Masters (or any similar course that qualifies for undergraduate support from UK student finance agencies), EMBA, MBA, distance learning, blended learning and online courses.
In addition, you are not eligible to apply if you already hold a UK postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad. Read more about Previous Study for details.
Criteria 2: You need to be ordinarily resident in one of the low income economy countries detailed in our list of qualifying countries (see below). G20 member countries have been excluded.
In your application you’ll be asked to evidence with documentation that you are ordinarily resident in a qualifying country. For example you may be asked for a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal evidence of your address.
You are an asylum seeker in the UK at the point you make your UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application.
Criteria 3: Your annual household income must be £50,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying countries currency) at the point of scholarship application. Visit Oanda Trade Currency Exchange for an up-to-date currency conversion.
Criteria 4: Providing a personal statement which responds to the following questions as part of your UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application (maximum 350 words per question):
- Describe how receiving a Postgraduate Scholarship would make a difference to you
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans
- Describe how you would address challenges in your home country
- Tell us how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship
Number of Awards: 4
Value of Award: The scholarship provides a £40,000 award to cover tuition fee charges and make a contribution towards living costs. Scholarship recipients will also be offered International Students House (ISH) accommodation for the duration of their study.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon,, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan ,Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply:
- Once you’ve submitted a fully completed application for a qualifying course we’ll send you an email with details about how (if you meet the eligibility criteria) you can apply for a UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship.
- In your application you’ll be asked to evidence with documentation that you qualify for the overseas category for tuition fee purposes. For example you may be asked for a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal evidence of your address.
- Please note that you need to submit your fully completed course application in order to have time to send you a UAL International Postgraduate Scholarships online application form.
- Your completed UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application form and supporting evidence must be submitted,