SANSA Postgraduate Bursaries 2021 for Graduate Students
ANSA provides post graduate degree bursaries to contribute to the national target for qualified post-graduates in science and engineering.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2021
About the Award: South Africa needs an increase in science and engineering graduates if we are to effectively resource the country with necessary and scarce skills to achieve goals of the National Development Plan and ensure a successful and sustainable future for our citizens. SANSA provides post graduate degree bursaries to contribute to the national target for qualified post-graduates in science and engineering.
Eligible Field(s): Our Space Science project mandate includes but is not limited to the following:
Space Science (Hons, MSc, MPhil, PhD)
- Solar physics
- Space Weather forecasting and verification aligned to navigation and radiation applications
- Antarctic radar studies of climate change
- Multi-instrument studies of space weather
- Modelling geomagnetically induced currents in power systems
- Multi scale ionospheric physics, structure and dynamics
- Ionospheric and radio propagation modelling
- Theory of waves and solutions in plasmas
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Software and systems engineering
- Data Science
- Field of your choice related to key SANSA objectives
- Space, systems, antenna and RF engineering
Type: Honours, Masters, PhD
Eligibility: The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are financial need, academic potential and career-oriented study programmes.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: For the 2021 academic year successful applicants will receive bursaries with values as stated below:
- Hons – R90 000 (one year).
- Masters – R100 000 per year for two years.
- PhD – R130 000 per year for three years.
Applicants may not hold a combination of bursaries that exceed these amounts. Should an applicant have another bursary of lessor amount, SANSA will consider providing a top-up amount to the student provided the student meets the criteria mentioned above.
Support for continuing years is not guaranteed and will depend on satisfactory progress during the previous year.
How to Apply: APPLY NOW!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Important Notes: Please note the following:
- An application will only be considered if it has been completed properly and in full.
- Documents that accompany the application form must be uploaded and certified.
- Testimonial form must be completed by the supervisor and uploaded to the application form.