Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship 2021 for Young Nigerian Leaders
The Government of Kaduna State in Nigeria is inviting applications for its inaugural Fellowship program target at young Nigerians from ages 25-35 years.
Application Deadline: 19th March 2021
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To Be Taken At (Country): Nigeria
About the Award: Kaduna State Government is set to introduce its inaugural class of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme commencing in June, 2018. The programme’s objective is to develop and nurture leadership ability across Nigeria, with specific focus on the promising leaders of the future.
The one-year programme aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade.
The overall mission of the non-partisan programme, as envisioned by His Excellency, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, is in his words, “to raise the next generation of leaders who will most likely be absorbed into the Nigerian public sector having had a first-hand experience of its workings and challenges”
Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme comprises of four components, namely;
- Work Placement
- Education Programme
- Community Service
Type: Fellowship (Professional)
- Age range 25-35 years (MAXIMUM AGE OF 35 WHEN THE FELLOWSHIP ENDS)
- Graduate from an accredited University
- Completed NYSC
Selection Criteria: The most important criterion is to have a real commitment to put your new leadership skills into use to benefit your community, State and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the programme.
Selection Criteria Include:
- Diversity: The programme will admit sixteen (16) Fellows representing diverse ethnic, religious, and gender backgrounds, with varied educational, economic, and geographic experiences; working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
- An established record of integrity and exemplary achievement.
- Commitment to engaging in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level.
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact.
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- Commitment to a rigorous programme of activities, to full-time residence in Kaduna for the entire duration of the programme.
- Fellowships are available for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Proficiency in English: Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programmes will be conducted in English.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens between 25 to 35 years of age.
- Applicants must be graduates of a recognised university, and must have completed the mandatory national youth service.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- A salary and benefits equivalent to that of Special Assistant to the Governor from the Ministry, Department or Agency for which Fellows work.
- Accommodation in a nicely furnished one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the programme, and breakfast
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply:
- Please note that application for admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme is entirely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- There is no application fee or any cost to apply.
- Prior to the deadline of 19th March 2021, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), two letters of recommendation and an essay on the change and leadership in Nigeria (maximum 1000 words).