Dancing on the Edge Scholarship Program 2021 for Talented Dancers from MENA Countries
Dancing on the Edge is offering scholarships to talented dancers from Arab countries and Iran to attend a summer dance workshop program in Amsterdam.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2021
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen.
To be taken at (country): Amsterdam, The Netherlands
About the Award: We are calling the new generation of contemporary dancers from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA region) for the Dancing on the Edge Scholarship Program 2021. Dancing on the Edge (DOTE) offers scholarships to young talent from the MENA region to attend a three-week Summer dance workshop program.
In 2021, depending on the development around Covid-19, this will either be offline in Amsterdam (attending the three-week Amsterdam Summer Intensive) or online in the three-week Online Masterclass Program. On the application form, you can let us know if you are interested to participate in both programs, or just one or the other.
Eligibility: Dancers applying must:
- come from (and be at least partly based in) an Arab country or Iran
- have at least some (and preferably substantial) training and performance experience in contemporary dance
- be no older than 27 years
- For the offline program: be capable of travelling and living independently for this period
- For the offline program: have enough resources to pay for food and other living expenses that may occur in this period
- For the offline program: have or be able to acquire health/travel insurance for this period
- For the offline program: arrange their own visa if necessary (with the help of organizing parties)
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Duration of Scholarship: 3 weeks
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships cover travel and visa expenses, accommodation, program fees, and some performance tickets. There is no per diem: participants are expected to pay for their own living and other expenses. They should also pay their own travel/health insurance.
How to Apply: Please fill in this form before March 1st 2021, after this application deadline the form will close and you will not be able to apply anymore. The next call for the 2022 Scholarships will open in December 2021.