Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships 2021/2022 for Developing Countries – UK
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering up to four Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships to students accepted onto the 2021/2022 MSc Global Mental Health programme.
Application Deadline: 21st March 2021 (midnight (GMT).
Eligible Countries: Rwanda; Ghana; Kenya; Nigeria; South Africa; Thailand; Indonesia; Philippines; Vietnam; Peru; Nicaragua.
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
About the Award: The MSc Global Mental Health course is a joint programme provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London (KCL). The programme of study aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programmes and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health. These skills and knowledge will make it possible for students to make valuable contributions in the domains of research, policy and practice as they relate to the discipline of global mental health.
- Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
- Rwanda; Ghana; Kenya; Nigeria; South Africa; Thailand; Indonesia; Philippines; Vietnam; Peru; Nicaragua. Applicants from other countries will not be considered for these scholarships.
- Applicants for this funding must hold an offer of admission to the MSc Global Mental Health commencing in 2021/2022. To apply for the programme of study please follow the application instructions on the King’s College London MSc Global Mental Health programme website.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding. Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further. A copy of the relevant paperwork must be submitted to the Scholarships Team at LSHTM.
Number of Awards: Up to 4
Value of Award: Each scholarship will cover:
- full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate;
- a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00; and
- an allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
Duration of Program: 1 year.
How to Apply: To apply for this funding applicants should complete both steps outlined below by the deadlines noted.
Submit an application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health programme, with all required documents, through the King’s College London online application portal by 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 14 February 2021.
Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu by 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 21 March 2021. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
- Either of the following two:
- Proof of your application submission for MSc in Global Mental Health for 2021-21 (This can be a PDF document or screenshot of your submission confirmation email dated on or before Sunday 14 February 2021); or
- Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2021-22 MSc Global Mental Health programme; and
- English Proficiency score results if you have this already. (If you do not yet have suitable English proficiency score results these must be obtained and submitted before 23:59 (BST) on Wednesday 26 May 2021 (see further details below).
Please note that incomplete applications for either step will not be considered.
By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions (See in Program Webpage).
Please read through the Important Application Information before applying.