UNICEF Uganda Innovation Fund Challenge 2021 – Call for Applications
Do you have an innovative idea or solution to improve the lives of children (especially those from marginalised communities) in Uganda? Join the UNICEF Uganda Innovation Fund Challenge with your innovative concept or offering.
Application Deadline: 7th February 2021.
About the Award: UNICEF Uganda has launched an Innovation Fund Challenge to deepen participatory practices in providing innovative solutions to national social policy challenges, with a view to transform the local ecosystem by leveraging on the disruptive power of technology as a driver for inclusive and sustainable growth. The main objective of the UNICEF Uganda Innovation Fund challenge is to provide innovative avenues to enhance UNICEF’s ability to achieve the outcomes outlined in the country programme document, and the achievement of the SDGs.
- Enhance and improve child survival and development among newborns, children and adolescent boys and girls
- Improve access to basic education and adolescent development for girls and boys aged 3 – 19 to achieve appropriate learning outcomes
- Ensure that children in Uganda are free from all forms of violence abuse, neglect and exploitation – including harmful practices – and realise their right to legal identity
The initiative is open to:
- Founding teams of individuals that are above 18 years of age at the time of the application and who are nationals or resident in Uganda. The initiative will only accept teams of at least 2 founding individuals. A team of one founding individual will not be considered.
- The founding team should consist of participants who are Ugandan Citizen OR currently living or working in Uganda. Initial / pilot focus: Uganda. Clear prospects to scale beyond Uganda or the region highly desirable.
- All team members must be fully proficient in written and spoken English.
- The initiative requires founder participation. All founding team members must commit to participate in the initiative. Lack of commitment or active engagement will render the team or Innovation not eligible for the program.
- Innovators who either have an idea or an already existing business, which has been operational for less than two years and has not raised more than UGX 185 million in either grants, convertible grants, venture capital or Private Equity at the time of submission.
- Only applications submitted through the UNICEF Uganda Innovation Challenge Fund web portal at https://www.unicef.innovationchallenge.ug will be eligible for consideration.
- Employees of UNICEF are eligible to apply to the initiative as they will not be involved in the selection process and management of this initiative
Eligible Countries: Uganda
To be Taken at (Country): Uganda
Number of Awards: Eight (8)
Value of Award: The Innovation Fund Challenge provide grant funding of up-to UGX 80 Million to further validate your concept or business.
- Access to free technical assistance to realise or grow your business
- Access to mentors and expert coaches to provide tailored support
- Receive access to Outbox’s network to enable you to pilot or further validate your concept
Duration of Award:
- Info-session about the innovation fund challenge: 19th January 2021
- Short-listing of applicants: 8th Feb – 19th Feb 2021
- Pitch practice: 24th Feb 2021
- Final pitch to advisory panel: 26th Feb 2021
- Incubation support: 1st March – November 2021
How to Apply: Apply below
- It is important to go through all Terms & Conditions in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.