Three Dutch MDF courses are currently available with full MSP & OKP scholarships which cover all participants support costs: travel costs, accommodation, meals, excursions, and of course the training fee.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2023.
To be Taken at (Country): The Netherlands
- Management of Development Project and Programs
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Advocacy & Policy Influencing: Strategy and skills
Eligibility for Dutch MDF Full Scholarships: Development professionals can apply for these scholarships.
To be eligible for OKP scholarships:
- The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, funder of the NFP OKP and MSP programmes, has set a list of eligible countries. Professionals who are nationals of and work and live in one of these 52 OKP countries can apply.
- You must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
- multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
- large national and/or a large commercial organisation,
- bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
- international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- You must have an official and valid passport;
- You must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- You must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (only if applicable, please check this overview);
- you have an employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement that should be printed on your organisation’s official letterheaded paper;
- You have a good command of English or French to be able to participate fully in the training. MDF Training & Consultancy reserves the right to check this.
Priority areas for the OKP scholarships
- The Dutch Ministry who is financing the scholarships aims at sustainable capacity development of organisations working in or around one of the four focus areas: First on Sexual and reproductive health and rights, and Security and the rule of law. The others are food security and water. You should indicate in your application when you work in one of these focus areas.
- Each of the Dutch Embassies in the OKP countries works within the policy lines of the Dutch government. Within this framework, they have set priorities for their field of work. For detailed information, please visit the Embassy website to find out more. We would like to emphasize that applications that do not fit with the Country Focus have a small chance of being selected.
- There is a further priority for people from Sub Saharan Africa and for women.
Eligible Countries: The 52 OKP countries
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Dutch MDF Full Scholarships: The full OKP scholarships will cover all participants support costs: travel costs, accommodation, meals, excursions, and of course the training fee.
Duration of Award: 2 weeks.
How to Apply for Dutch MDF Full Scholarships: Check to see if you meet the application criteria. Since the application procedure takes quite some time we advise you to start well in advance!
You only need to apply in Delta.
Delta is an online registration system of Nuffic where you apply for a scholarship. You can register in Delta about two months before the respective application deadline.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.