10 Reasons Why You Should Study in Canada
Canada is the second-largest country in the world in terms of land area and it is situated in the northern part of North America. The capital of Canada is Ottawa with its largest cities been Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. Canada is a highly developed country and its economy is very balanced as it gets its revenue from international trade networks and its abundant natural resources. The official languages used as a form of communication in Canada are the French and English languages making it very easy for people of both English-speaking countries and also French native speakers to communicate well with locals in Canada.
Canada operates a parliamentary constitutional form of government and its currency is the Canadian dollar ($CAD). The country can be said to be a Christian country with about 60% Christians although, other religious denominations are allowed to practice their religious activities without restrictions. Canada is very welcoming and accommodating to foreigners, some of its cities are tourist attraction centers where people from all around the world come and experience the nature ambiance at its peak.
The educational system in Canada is of a very high standard and some of its universities such as the University of Toronto, McGill University, and the University of British Columbia which rank among the best in the world according to the Times Higher Education World University Ratings. Canadian universities offer different programs from undergraduate degrees, master’s, and other postgraduate degrees too. There are also vast numbers of courses which are made available for students to choose from. The universities are also equipped with knowledgeable lecturers and tutors who are world-class and are ready to impact knowledge into the students. Due to the high technology system of Canada, schooling is made easy as they integrate the use of technological devices in teaching.
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying in Canada
Cost of Living and Studying in Canada
Living and studying in Canada can be said to be relatively low in cost and this makes it a sure bet for most international students to choose Canada as a study destination. To stay in Canada, there is a student permit regulation which must be gotten and it is under the Citizenship and Immigration Canada department (CIC). This permit is necessary and serves as proof of funds which would be sufficient for your stay throughout your course of study in Canada.
Accommodation is one of the factors to put into consideration as an aspiring international student, the university location; whether in the urban city or local areas would play a very big role in getting accommodation. In the city, the cost of housing would be on the high side as compared to the other parts of the country. Some of the universities in Canada offer accommodation to students but this is not a guarantee and this allows some students to use other means of housing such as off-campus accommodation. The general cost of living in Canada is about $20,000 to $30,000 in Canadian dollars per year.
Generally, studying in Canada depends on so many factors and aside from accommodation, transportation, food, the tuition fee, and the institution of study are some of the major factors. The common means of transportation used by students in Canada are bikes, buses and sometimes walking too but in some cities, trains are also available. The average amount of money to spend on transportation is about $80.
On health, international students are expected to have a health insurance policy before they come into Canada and this policy depends solely on the nationality of the student and whether it is a private or state-owned insurance policy. This health insurance is used to take care of all the health charges which the student may incur during the course of study while living in Canada.
10 Reasons Why You Should Study in Canada
Canada is one of the top study destinations for international students to further their education, either as undergraduate or for postgraduate degree programs. There is a number of factors that push Canada on the front stage of study abroad options, ranging from its high technological standard, natural environment, and high-quality education system, the list goes on and on. Below are some of the reasons why you should choose Canada as your study abroad option.
- Employment opportunity: studying in Canada helps you to get a job once you graduate as many companies are always on the lookout for new individuals with talent. Even if you don’t have a job as soon as you finish schooling, you can apply for a postgraduate work permit which allows you to gain valuable work experience in Canada. The Canadian government also works programs for students that allow them to gain work experience.
- Safe environment: according to the Global Peace Index, Canada is rated as one of the safest places to live around the world with a limited crime rate all year round. The cities of Vancouver, Ontario, Montreal, and Ottawa are rated as some of the best cities to live in Canada, not only are there world-class universities located in these cities, but the environment is student-friendly and so much fun to get from clubs, cinemas, ski resorts, sports clubs and so much more.
- Bi-lingua: Canada is a bi-lingual country which speaks both French and English language. The university coursework is also taught in both French and English language and this makes it an excellent choice for international students to develop and sharpen their language skills. Some universities offer language classes in French and also IELTS for English classes to help their students fit in whichever way.
- Ease of citizenship: not only is Canada a good choice for students to study, but they can also transition into citizens when they file their documents through the appropriate channels. When you study in Canada, you can apply for citizenship through two main channels; through the Canadian workforce or through the federal skilled worker program. Permanent citizenship allows you to work and live in Canada and also enjoy all the benefits which are given t its citizens by the Canadian government.
- High technological environment: Canada is said to be the first country to link its universities and libraries to the internet through the use of the innovative school net program. By doing this, places Canada on a very high technical standard with its biotech and aeronautical engineering industries also to be sought after. Tech jobs are on a rise in Canada as more attention is been given to technological advancements in the country.
- Quality education: Canadian universities are well recognized all around the world and their course work is vast making use of cut edge technology to impact the knowledge of its students. Canada is ranked one of the best countries in the world with top-notch and quality education which also comes with low tuition fees for its international students when compared to other countries that also offer study abroad options. Canadian university certificates are recognized worldwide and are accepted for work anywhere in the world. Aside from education, Canada also offers work and internship opportunities for students while they still study to get work experiences and also get financial support for themselves.
- Good culture and nature: Canada hosts about 150 different cultures across the country and this makes it a good place of cultural diversity and natural habitats of some rare animal and plant species. All year round, there are different festivals and cultural activities which are done and international students can always find a fit in any of the activities. Students who are studying arts and other art-related courses have a good chance of enjoying their study in the country.
- You can enter the Canadian workforce: entering the Canadian workforce is easier and you can make use of the postgraduate work permit to get employed in Canada. This then makes life easier for international students who wish to stay back in Canada and work after their studies. Unlike other countries, working in Canada after your studies is considered a very good option and you can also process your Canadian citizenship while you work.
- Low tuition fees: although as an international student, your tuition fees are higher than the citizens of Canada when compared to other countries like the UK and Australia, Canada offers lower tuition fees to international students and also scholarships and some financial grants to support some students of African countries.
- You can work and study: Canada allows its students and also international students to work and study. The students can take up part-time jobs to support themselves financially and also gain work experience. The students are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week and more when they are on school breaks. Students who work on the university campus do not necessarily need a work permit before they can get a job but those working outside may have to get a work permit for some jobs.
Canada is a very developed country with a high level of technology making it a good choice for most international students as a study abroad option. Canada houses some of the world-class universities and the country’s educational system is of quality and high standard. The Canadian government allows its students to work and also study and this helps to support the students financially, also there are some institutions that offer scholarships and financial grants to students either on merit or financial basis. Canada is a very safe country to study and does not discriminate between its citizens and foreigners.