British Council Researcher Links Climate Change Grants 2020
Call for proposals for the Researcher Links Climate Challenge workshops: grant funding for interdisciplinary research workshops on climate change.
Application Deadline: 27th November 2020, 16:00 UK time
About the Award: Combating climate change and its impact is critical for promoting global sustainable development. This call is one of many activities the British Council is delivering in the run up to COP26 (the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties) which takes place in Glasgow in November 2021. The aim is to harness the power of people all over the world – particularly young people and those most vulnerable to the effects of climate change – to connect and collaborate through culture and education to combat climate change.
Lead applicants are required to take an interdisciplinary approach by bringing together early career researchers from different fields to work on existing challenges in partner countries.
As part of the workshops, participating early career researchers can apply for funding prizes to further develop their research.
Workshops must take place before the end of August 2021 to allow for relevant outcomes to be featured in the lead up to COP26.
- Workshop themes proposed by Lead Applicants must address climate change related problems from an interdisciplinary perspective and must meet the needs of partner countries.
- The workshop themes should align with one or more of the COP26 priorities (Adaptation and Resilience, Nature, Energy Transition, Clean Road Transport, Finance).
- The themes must also be linked the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and must have a particular focus on Goal 13 (Climate Action) contributing to the global targets as stated in the guidelines for applicants (available in the Downloads section at the bottom of this webpage).
Type: Grants, Workshop
- Leading or Established Researchers can apply to be Principal Applicants (as defined by the EC – view information on the Euraxess website )
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from the UK, as well as a Principal Applicant from the partner countries listed above.
- Please download and view the list of eligible UK research institutions (available in the Downloads section).
- Other eligibility criteria apply – for full eligibility criteria, please read the guidelines document
Eligible Countries: We invite proposals between the UK and the following partner countries:
- South Africa
All applications must meet the required relevance to economic development or social welfare of the partner country. Detailed requirements are listed in our guidelines for applicants (available in the Downloads section at the bottom of this webpage).
To be Taken at (Country): Glasgow, UK
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Researcher Links Climate Challenge (RLCC) grants are designed to provide financial support to host virtual research workshops for participants from the UK and partner countries to work on innovative solutions to development challenges caused by climate change. Complex problems such as climate change cannot be addressed from the perspective of one discipline alone.
How to Apply:
- Please download and read fully the documents in the Downloads section at the bottom of this webpage.
- A Word version of the application form is provided to help you prepare your application. Please note that this is provided for preparation purposes only and must not be used to submit your application.
- When you are ready to apply, please click on the link to launch the online application form.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.