African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Call for Papers on the Impact of COVID-19 on African Economies
The African Development Review, one of the flagship publications of the African Development Bank Group devoted to the study and analysis of development policy in Africa, invites submissions for a special issue on “The Impact of Covid-19 on African Economies. “
Application Deadline: 15th November, 2020.
About the Award: The issue will analyze the impact of COVID-19 on African economies with an emphasis on submissions that address the socio-economic impacts of this pandemic, as well as policy implications. A combination of both theoretical and empirical contributions deriving from forefront of economic models is highly encouraged.
Eligible Field(s): Submitted papers should relate directly to the covid-19 pandemic, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Accommodative Public Policies and Potential Effects
- African and Global Supply Chain Disruptions
- Business Bankruptcies: Winners and Losers
- COVID-19 and Gender Issues
- Debt Sustainability Considerations
- Embedding Behavioral Insights into Policy
- Emerging Opportunities in the Aftermath of the Crisis
- Government Capacity Constraints in Fragile Contexts
- Health Impacts and Opportunities for Strengthening Public Health
- Human Development Challenges in the Time of Pandemics
- National Economic Resilience in Response to the Outbreak
- Socio-economic Impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
Type: Call for Papers
- Submitted papers should not be under consideration elsewhere.
- Submissions will be screened with respect to their relevance to the theme of the special issue and then will be peer reviewed according to ADRev standards.
- Manuscripts will be checked for plagiarism before review.
- To be accepted, submitted papers should be in English or French, not exceed 7,000 words in length and be preceded by a 200-word abstract.
- Papers submitted after the deadline will be rejected.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: No fee is required to submit for this special issue.
How to Apply: Interested authors should submit their manuscript online via
https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/adrev(link is external). Kindly indicate that the submission is for the special issue.