The African Development Review, one of the flagship publications of the African Development Bank Group devoted to the study and analysis of development policy in Africa, invites submissions for a special issue on “The Impact of Covid-19 on African Economies. “
Application Deadline: 15th November, 2020.
About the Award: The issue will analyze the impact of COVID-19 on African economies with an emphasis on submissions that address the socio-economic impacts of this pandemic, as well as policy implications. A combination of both theoretical and empirical contributions deriving from forefront of economic models is highly encouraged.
Eligible Field(s): Submitted papers should relate directly to the covid-19 pandemic, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Accommodative Public Policies and Potential Effects
- African and Global Supply Chain Disruptions
- Business Bankruptcies: Winners and Losers
- COVID-19 and Gender Issues
- Debt Sustainability Considerations
- Embedding Behavioral Insights into Policy
- Emerging Opportunities in the Aftermath of the Crisis
- Government Capacity Constraints in Fragile Contexts
- Health Impacts and Opportunities for Strengthening Public Health
- Human Development Challenges in the Time of Pandemics
- National Economic Resilience in Response to the Outbreak
- Socio-economic Impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
Type: Call for Papers
- Submitted papers should not be under consideration elsewhere.
- Submissions will be screened with respect to their relevance to the theme of the special issue and then will be peer reviewed according to ADRev standards.
- Manuscripts will be checked for plagiarism before review.
- To be accepted, submitted papers should be in English or French, not exceed 7,000 words in length and be preceded by a 200-word abstract.
- Papers submitted after the deadline will be rejected.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: No fee is required to submit for this special issue.
How to Apply: Interested authors should submit their manuscript online via
https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/adrev(link is external). Kindly indicate that the submission is for the special issue.
For more information, please contact Yaya Koloma ([email protected](link sends e-mail)) and Adeleke Salami ([email protected](link sends e-mail))
Visit Award Webpage for Details