International Chair in Mathematical Physics and Applications (CIPMA-UNESCO Chair) Masters & PhD Scholarships 2021 for African Students at University of Abomey-Calavi
It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with the University of AbomeyCalavi, International Chair in Mathematical Physics and Applications by offering up to 2 In-Region and 1 In-Country scholarships for PhD and up to 9 In-Region and 3 In-Country Scholarships for Master studies at University of Abomey-Calavi, International Chair in Mathematical Physics and Applications for the intake 2021.
Application Deadline: 10th February 2021
Eligible Field(s): The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
The scholarships at University of Abomey – Calavi, International Chair in
Mathematical Physics and Applications (CIPMA – UNESCO Chair) are available in the following fields:
• International Master Programme in Oceanography and Applications
• International PhD Programme in Oceanography and Applications
Type: Master, PhD
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector, d) Alumni of the DAFI programme
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To be Taken at (Country): University of Abomey – Calavi, International Chair in Mathamatical Physics and Applications (CIPMA – UNESCO Chair), 072 BP 50, Carrefour des Trois Banques, Avenue Pape Jean – Paul II.
Number of Awards:
- PhD: 2 In-Region and 1 In-Country
- Master: 9 In-Region and 3 In-Country
Value of Award: The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees* annually
- Study and research allowance annually
- Printing allowance once at the end
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)
- monthly 500 EUR (PhD In-Country)
- 550 EUR (PhD In-Region)
- Travel allowance (In-Region only): twice (beginning/end of scholarship)
- Health insurance(In-Region only)
Duration of Award: The duration
• the duration of the PhD programme is generally up to three years
• the Master programme is aimed at students in their second (and last) year of the Master’s degree and therefore, scholarship holders are only funded for one year.
Both the PhD and the Master programme usually start in October 2021.
Please note that the maximum duration of the scholarship is based on the time that is left until the scholarship holder has reached the regular period of studies in that programme; i.e., if you apply for a DAAD scholarship starting in your second year of studies of a three-y
How to Apply: Apply below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.