The African Graduate Fellowships is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC. Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or more) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
Application Deadline: 15th January, 2023
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries except Egypt
To be taken at (country): Egypt
Type: Masters, Fellowship
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and GRE or GMAT for the finance program applicants)
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2 or above.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of African Graduate Fellowships: The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo Campus
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work
- Students must maintain a full-time status
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here
Duration of African Graduate Fellowships: Fellowships are awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
How to Apply for African Graduate Fellowships: To apply