Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL) Scholarships 2022 for African Students
It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies by offering up to 5 In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Master studies at Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL) for the intake 2022
Application Deadline: 15th December 2021.
About the Award: As part of the „In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme“ DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
The target group for scholarships are graduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree who want to pursue Master’s courses, either
- in their home country In-Country scholarships are aimed at students who study in their home country or in the country for which they have a residence permit.)
- in another Sub-Saharan African country
(In-Region scholarships are aimed at students who want to participate in a
study programme in a country of their home region (here: Tanzania/outside
their home country).
Eligible Field(s): • Master’s in laws (LLM)
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following DAAD criteria:
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university Bachelor’s degree with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
Please note: Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL) might have additional requirements for admission to the university.
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL), Tanzania
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award:
- Tuition Fees*
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)
- Travel allowance (In-Region only)
- Health Insurance (In-Region only)
Duration of Award: The duration of the Master programme is generally one year (regular period of studies) and is usually starting in November 2022
How to Apply: The application process contains two steps. Please be aware of the DAAD application deadline as well as TGCL’s deadline.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.